Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Entries are up

Custom Title

Entries are up

Entries for Europeans Championships, the first of the big tournaments this 2012, good luck to all in our Olympic year in Britain.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011317.htm

Good luck to our British Team, lets get the ball rolling for London 2012

Best Hopes Coomes/Buckland (dance) Jenna McCorkell (Ladies).

If we have extensive coverage here in Britain (hopefully thanks to BBC or Eurosport) I will give you regular updates, I will see if I can get there but bit of a journey for me.

Custom Title
    Sorry but No Ira Vannut (ladies discipline) (her injury must be serious) we wish her well!!

PS Just been informed Kavaguti/Smirnov might withdraw, most probable as Smirnov was operated for appendicitis on 4th Jan, not sure if that is enough recovery time, we wish Smirnov well.

PPS German team not decided currently having their Nationals, Savchenko/Szolkowy a sure LOCK IN!!
    Last edited by russell30; 01-05-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    I just noticed the entries this morning myself... One interesting note re: German Nationals - a lot of skaters I would expect to see competing are not. No Sarah Hecken and no Katharina Hacker notably.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    I just noticed the entries this morning myself... One interesting note re: German Nationals - a lot of skaters I would expect to see competing are not. No Sarah Hecken and no Katharina Hacker notably.
    So No Sarah Hecken, Federation normally goes with placements at Nationals except for S/S who would have been given a bye if needed to rest

I think Katharina Hacker retired, Annette Dyrt also.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I had seen Dyrt in Cup of Russia one year, pitty she retired.

I was waiting to see short program of K/S, but I dont see him doing lifts so soon so I guess they will withdraw. I wonder which team will go instead.

Since you maybe know, can you help me with trams/buses in shefield, I cant find which ones go from the center to Arena, which seems outside the city a lot!

Custom Title
    Stoblova/Klimov will go instead if K/S withdraw. They are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    So No Sarah Hecken, Federation normally goes with placements at Nationals except for S/S who would have been given a bye if needed to rest
    Sarah Hecken seems to have gotten a bye too; she's nominated. So, the German team looks like this:

Pairs:
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende
    Mari Vartmann/Aaron van Cleave

Men:
    Peter Liebers
    Paul Fentz
    Martin Rappe (substitute)

Ladies:
    Sarah Hecken
    Nathalie Weinzierl (substitute)

Dance:
    Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi
    Tanja Kolbe/ Stefano Caruso
    Carolina und Daniel Hermann (substitutes)

Custom Title
    Ira Vannut apparantly got injured right before Belgian Nationals which was about a month ago. It did sound like her season was over...
    Kevin convincingly won Belgian Nats, but Jorik's triple axel seemed pretty consistent so he might have a good showing at Europeans :-) Of course I'm hoping for Kevin to have the skate of his life as it will finally really be his last Euros...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Stoblova/Klimov will go instead if K/S withdraw. They are awesome.
    I think awesome is too strong of a word but when K/S do bow out-and I assume the announcement will come shortly as he was just released from the hospital today; S/K should have no trouble getting 5th place.
    Last edited by mousepotato; 01-10-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    I think awesome is too strong of a word but when K/S do bow out-and I assume the announcement will come shortly as he was just released from the hospital today; S/K should have no trouble getting 5th place.
    I know, but a just-up-from-junior teams with some first rate elements (love the running she gets out of her throws), intriguing choreography (love love love their footwork in the short), and great musicallity. They've got a long way to go, but I'm really excited about them.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Kavaguti/Smirnov withdrew from Euros as expected

Custom Title
    OUT :

Men : Schultheiss SWE
    Raya ESP

Pairs : Kadlecova/Bidar CZE
    Lundberg / Lundberg SWE

Custom Title
    Sorry to hear that Raya and Kadlecova/Bidar won't participate.

Custom Title
    According to FSuniverse, Kadlecova/Bidar split, because she became too tall for him :(

Also from FSU, Michelle Lundberg has a foot injury, thats the reason why they withdrew.

Also Zabijako/Kulbach EST arent on the list anymore, so there are only 19 pairs and no preliminary round is needed.
    Last edited by MagicFairy; 01-13-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I had seen Dyrt in Cup of Russia one year, pitty she retired.

I was waiting to see short program of K/S, but I dont see him doing lifts so soon so I guess they will withdraw. I wonder which team will go instead.

Since you maybe know, can you help me with trams/buses in shefield, I cant find which ones go from the center to Arena, which seems outside the city a lot!
    Seniorita check for bus 69 on google and please clean you PM box, I want to send p/mail

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast