Entries are up | Golden Skate

Entries are up

russell30

Final Flight
Entries for Europeans Championships, the first of the big tournaments this 2012, good luck to all in our Olympic year in Britain.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011317.htm

Good luck to our British Team, lets get the ball rolling for London 2012

Best Hopes Coomes/Buckland (dance) Jenna McCorkell (Ladies).

If we have extensive coverage here in Britain (hopefully thanks to BBC or Eurosport) I will give you regular updates, I will see if I can get there but bit of a journey for me.

russell30

Final Flight
Sorry but No Ira Vannut (ladies discipline) (her injury must be serious) we wish her well!!

PS Just been informed Kavaguti/Smirnov might withdraw, most probable as Smirnov was operated for appendicitis on 4th Jan, not sure if that is enough recovery time, we wish Smirnov well.

PPS German team not decided currently having their Nationals, Savchenko/Szolkowy a sure LOCK IN!!

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
I just noticed the entries this morning myself... One interesting note re: German Nationals - a lot of skaters I would expect to see competing are not. No Sarah Hecken and no Katharina Hacker notably.

So No Sarah Hecken, Federation normally goes with placements at Nationals except for S/S who would have been given a bye if needed to rest

I think Katharina Hacker retired, Annette Dyrt also.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I had seen Dyrt in Cup of Russia one year, pitty she retired.

I was waiting to see short program of K/S, but I dont see him doing lifts so soon so I guess they will withdraw. I wonder which team will go instead.

Since you maybe know, can you help me with trams/buses in shefield, I cant find which ones go from the center to Arena, which seems outside the city a lot!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
So No Sarah Hecken, Federation normally goes with placements at Nationals except for S/S who would have been given a bye if needed to rest

Sarah Hecken seems to have gotten a bye too; she's nominated. So, the German team looks like this:

Pairs:
Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende
Mari Vartmann/Aaron van Cleave

Men:
Peter Liebers
Paul Fentz
Martin Rappe (substitute)

Ladies:
Sarah Hecken
Nathalie Weinzierl (substitute)

Dance:
Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi
Tanja Kolbe/ Stefano Caruso
Carolina und Daniel Hermann (substitutes)

Trewyn

Medalist
Ira Vannut apparantly got injured right before Belgian Nationals which was about a month ago. It did sound like her season was over...
Kevin convincingly won Belgian Nats, but Jorik's triple axel seemed pretty consistent so he might have a good showing at Europeans :) Of course I'm hoping for Kevin to have the skate of his life as it will finally really be his last Euros...

mousepotato

On the Ice
Stoblova/Klimov will go instead if K/S withdraw. They are awesome.

I think awesome is too strong of a word :unsure: but when K/S do bow out-and I assume the announcement will come shortly as he was just released from the hospital today; S/K should have no trouble getting 5th place.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I think awesome is too strong of a word :unsure: but when K/S do bow out-and I assume the announcement will come shortly as he was just released from the hospital today; S/K should have no trouble getting 5th place.

I know, but a just-up-from-junior teams with some first rate elements (love the running she gets out of her throws), intriguing choreography (love love love their footwork in the short), and great musicallity. They've got a long way to go, but I'm really excited about them.

MagicFairy

On the Ice
According to FSuniverse, Kadlecova/Bidar split, because she became too tall for him :(

Also from FSU, Michelle Lundberg has a foot injury, thats the reason why they withdrew.

Also Zabijako/Kulbach EST arent on the list anymore, so there are only 19 pairs and no preliminary round is needed.

Last edited:

bestskate8

On the Ice
I had seen Dyrt in Cup of Russia one year, pitty she retired.

I was waiting to see short program of K/S, but I dont see him doing lifts so soon so I guess they will withdraw. I wonder which team will go instead.

Since you maybe know, can you help me with trams/buses in shefield, I cant find which ones go from the center to Arena, which seems outside the city a lot!

Seniorita check for bus 69 on google and please clean you PM box, I want to send p/mail

Mattieu

Medalist
There is a tram directly from the city centre to the Arena. You take the tram in the direction of Meadowhall shopping centre.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seniorita check for bus 69 on google and please clean you PM box, I want to send p/mail

There is a tram directly from the city centre to the Arena. You take the tram in the direction of Meadowhall shopping centre.

Thank you both! We had booked already a hotel that now I luckily found it has a supertram stop next to it (the castle something) but bus is a plus too! Will you be at Euros too? :) I dont know anyone from GS coming (maybe i hope Trewn :D) except for the great Antmanb that I m thrilled to finally meet him!:rock:
I did clean it today, sorry it was full :eek::

seniorita

Record Breaker
I would do it anyway even if you didnt tell me. :) Yeap I miss his queen english here too a lot!
Maybe I have a banner at euros saying Ant come back to GS?
Or Ill ask him for an autograph at least:laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Say hi to antmanb for me too! i also miss his posts.

BTW, while we are wishing well to the GBR team, we should not forget to wish well to Walden & Edwards, the second GBR dance team behind Coomes & Buckland.