No silencing this Lam | Golden Skate

No silencing this Lam

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the Los Angeles suburb of Bellflower, Calif., 16 year-old Vanessa Lam, a quiet yet well-spoken high school student, emerged from relative obscurity to hope for the future in the span of one fall weekend in Ostrava.

More

emma

Record Breaker
thanks for the article, nice! She looks so fierce in this photo :thumbsup: I can't wait to see her skate as I haven't seen her yet this year.

macy

Record Breaker
^ you can see her jgp events on youtube.
i love her attitude, it's so positive. she sees everything as a learning experience to better herself and doesn't beat herself up over the not so great times. that's like the perfect attitude a skater can have.

used2sk8

Rinkside
If Vanessa puts together her Short Program from the Final with a Freeskate like Austria or Silicon Valley, she will in top tier!

What a clever title for the article. :agree:

I think U.S. nationals is wide open for the ladies. Vanessa has as good a chance as anyone to come out on top.

used2sk8

Rinkside
What an acheivement to make the Scholastic Honors Team. Very few on this Team actually compete at Nationals. I think there was an Ice Dancer last year.

shine

Record Breaker
If Vanessa puts together her Short Program from the Final with a Freeskate like Austria or Silicon Valley, she will in top tier!
I don't know. She probably has the tinest jumps that I've ever seen from a senior level ladies skater. Yes, even worse than Caroline Zhang. I don't know how she manages to complete the rotations on any of her triples.