Savchenko has serious fall?! | Golden Skate

Savchenko has serious fall?!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
from IFS's facebook today:

Klaus Kany advises that the German news agency (dpa) reported today that Aliona Savchenko had a serious fall in practice in Chemnitz yesterday, but coach Ingo Steuer refused to tell the agency person what exactly happened. Let's hope she is okay.

oh, lord, that's terrible. Anyone who hears anything, keep us posted.

Maybe it'll be like what happened to Totmianina or Dan Zhang, and she'll recover quickly. Ugh, sometimes pairs skating scares the living daylights out of me.

figureskate

On the Ice
omg...that is not going to compromise their attendance to euros, right? really hope it is not so serious

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I just hope Aliona will recover quickly!

The only thing I read was that Steuer said they were trying "to get everything back in line" until Euros, may mean the plans still are that they're going to compete. Hopefully that will work out...

colleen o'neill

Medalist
It has to have the potential to compromise their season , or it wouldn't have been mentioned. I hope she'll be OK. I love their programs this year.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that would be terrible !!
first Kavaguti/Smirnov , don't want to see Savchenko/Szolkowy misisng euros too
hope she's ok

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Goodness I hope Aliona is alright and not seriously injured. Fingers crossed that she is OK.

bekalc

Record Breaker
It has to have the potential to compromise their season , or it wouldn't have been mentioned. I hope she'll be OK. I love their programs this year.

Apparently yesterday they were suppose to be at an award show, where they and Ingo were suppose to be honored, but they cancelled. The fall may have only been reported to explain them being absent.

Thanks so much, Seniorita. I hope that's not an insurmountable injury. Eek, at least it's not an Olympic year. I remember sweating bullets in 1998 when Michelle had to be off the ice for several weeks with the stress fracture in her foot. I hope Aliona recovers completely and quickly!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I was so relieved when I read it ,so hopefully she is not that injured and the whole thing saw the light because they were supposed to take an award yesterday and at the end they didnt go.
I wish they stopped training the 3axel because honestly they dont need it. I m so looking forward to watching their Lp live, I think I ll jump up of my seat from excitement.