Caroline Zhang | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
OMG That was a beautifully skated SP. Thank you for the video clip. GO CAROLINE!!!!!

cornell08

Final Flight
This is a great comeback year for Caroline. I personally don't think she has the programs (can someone please get her some good choreography and music?) to carry all her improved technique this year...but next year! So excited for the prospects.

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Loved her performance and it was great to see her so happy. Hope she does well tomorrow.

I hope Caroline is aware of how happy her GS fans are at her success. It was such a remarkable pair of performances. One of the best aspects was her expression pretty much all the way through. She looked at peace and as if she was thoroughly enjoying what she was doing. She also looked at home in her skin--happy to be tall and solid and strong. I know she has more work to do, but she has the power to do it. Go for it, Caroline!

brightphoton

Medalist
I am so delighted that Caroline did so well. So many people had written her off, but she knew what she had to work on, worked on it, and showed everyone what she's capable of. Whooo pewter medal! Do we know who the 4CC team is yet?

demarinis5

Record Breaker
3rd in the FS 4th overall how great is that. Congrats to you Caroline. It was so nice to see such a supportive audience during
her performances, skating fans know what she has been through. Bravo!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
I am so delighted that Caroline did so well. So many people had written her off, but she knew what she had to work on, worked on it, and showed everyone what she's capable of. Whooo pewter medal! Do we know who the 4CC team is yet?

Not yet. The announcements for the 4CC Team and World Team I believe will be after the final competition which is the Men.

ETA: I was wrong just found this in the U.S.Ladies Nationals thread.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47717&type=media

Last edited:

reneerose

Final Flight
I loved her skate last night too! I was hoping she'd land in third. Pretty clean program!

heyang

Record Breaker
OMG.... I was so proud and Happy for Caroline. I actully shed a few tears after her SP because it was so joyous and triumphant. When she made her 1st mistake in her Free skate, I started to worry but saw her expression change into 'competition mode' as she pulled herself together to move on past the bobble. It was great to see her smiling again!

I do agree that her choreography needed work, but it was a fine start to a comeback after working her techniques for the last few years.

Congratulations to Caroline!!!!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
What was the triple loop/triple loop worth? I am no scoring expert, but I enjoyed the whole two programs and wish she had won bronze as well.

She's going to 4CC? That's super! And kudos to Karen Kwan and Peter Oppegard for helping her undo and then redo her technique.

czfan

Rinkside
I'm so happy that she's going to 4 Continents.

Also, I really loved her 3 loop 3 loop combo, and I hope she tries it again in Colorado.