Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Comical or shocking skating moments

How about when Tonya flashed everyone when her dress came unhooked in a 3Lz?

Obertas & Palamarchuk's fall at 2000 Worlds at around the 4:00 mark Thankfully, he was not injured severely. Unfortunately for Binnebose and Handy who suffered a similar fall, Paul ended up with skull fractures and brain trauma. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJt-mr8CuE

Pair skating really scares me sometimes.

Custom Title
    I couldn't remember Paul Handy's name. That was a dreadful fall. Pairs skating scares me quite often. This may be why I've become so fond of ice dancing. Well, it's not the only reason, of course. I just love ice dancing for its inventiveness and elegance.

I love ice dancing for that as well along with the beautiful edging.

By the way, Paul's surname is Binnebose, Paul Binnebose.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Back to funny moments, there are of course, the occasional examples of intentional humor on ice.

Hough & Ladret's 1987 Skate Canada Exhibition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FERoVImyEFY

Custom Title
    Whoops, thanks, periperi. He was Binnebose. Shame on me for confusing the names. I wonder how he's doing.

And I agree with you about the edging in ice dancing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Also, who could forget her "she's just going to come out and cry again; what's the difference?" remark. Not the most classy thing she could have said, but I'm sure she wasn't the only one thinking it. I really think people wouldn't have reacted with such horror at her comments if she hadn't been hyped up as some fairy tale princess goody-two-shoes to begin with.
    I would have said that too if I had to wait so long for my Olympic medal ceremony. Unfortunately, Nancy Kerrigan and Chen Lu were forced to wait and they were told Oksana Baiul was putting on her make-up when in reality the IOC was looking for the national anthem of Ukraine. So of course it made Baiul look bad when it wasn't her fault. It made Kerrigan look bad when she wasn't given all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Whoops, thanks, periperi. He was Binnebose. Shame on me for confusing the names. I wonder how he's doing.

And I agree with you about the edging in ice dancing.
    Paul seems to be doing quite well. He's gotten into coaching, is married and has a son now. I'm happy for him after everything he had to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by periperi View Post
    Paul seems to be doing quite well. He's gotten into coaching, is married and has a son now. I'm happy for him after everything he had to go through.

how awesome

Custom Title
    That's great to hear.

Custom Title
    Shocking moments:
    -Ito and Hubert collision
    -Jessica Dube cut in the face by her parter's skate during a side by side camel
    -Totmiania laying unconscious on ice after a really bad fall during a lift

Comical moments:
    -Sasha Cohen throwing up on ice
    -Joubert and Verner sending kisses and eyewinks to each other, when Joubert (or Verner) was at the kiss and cry after SP at Euros
    -Bonaly doing a back flip at the Olympics

Sasha Cohen vomited on the ice?!

Comical--Emanuel Sandhu blaming ghosts in his hotel room for a bad performance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    Sasha Cohen vomited on the ice?!
    Yes kinda of it!! There was a video montage on youtube of comical moments on ice that included that scene. I posted it here in 2007, but unfortunately the video is not available anymore.
    Sasha in a warm up drank some water and than she threw up all (water and maybe something else too!! hehe). Maybe somebody remembers this.

Rinkside
    I don't know if these are more comical than others mentioned, but some that make me laugh are.

- Pasha Grishuk interviews from around 1998-1999
    - Oksana Baiul moments in late 90s and early 2000s
    - Nancy's comment at Disneyland
    - Oksana Baiul on Family Feud (did anyone see this?)

Custom Title
    Wasn't the Family Feud thing a question like to whom do you talk most each day and she said she talked to God every day? There was stunned silence and then everyone tried to move on. I remember thinking huh?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast