Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Short Dance

Custom Title
    Per what I saw tonight on TV - the short dances do not have an "oomph" factor. I am not sure if it was a combination of nerves and what it appears like poor attendance in the arena...but hey it's done. The technical panel was tough tonight - but that's a good thing...we'll see how the FDs turn out tomorrow night...

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I realize I'll probably get flamed for this comment, but I would love for Kaitlyn and Andrew to win this title this season. I LOVE their FD much more than Virtue/Moir's program. I seriously don't expect that to happen though. It would likely require Tessa and Scott to have a meltdown of Olympic proportions.

Custom Title
    Videos at TSN

Custom Title
    And, now seeing G/P, I believe they were overscored, but not terribly. They hit the elements and skated fast and with enthusiasm. No real Latin flavour whatsoever.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I realize I'll probably get flamed for this comment, but I would love for Kaitlyn and Andrew to win this title this season. I LOVE their FD much more than Virtue/Moir's program. I seriously don't expect that to happen though. It would likely require Tessa and Scott to have a meltdown of Olympic proportions.
    No flaming from this V/M fan. We'll see tomorrow night - if this happens. I just hope that we see two clean skates from these teams.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    It's astonishing to me how Paul and Piper's lines are so evenly matched and their unison is so spot-on for being such a new team. Plus, their great speed and chemistry together are definitely highlights. Also, they skate very close together adding to their connection. I think they were scored fairly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    It's astonishing to me how Paul and Piper's lines are so evenly matched and their unison is so spot-on for being such a new team. Plus, their great speed and chemistry together are definitely highlights. Also, they skate very close together adding to their connection. I think they were scored fairly.
    I'm impressed with them as well. What you said there reflects the exact comments from their coach who saw right away that they skated the same way, a rarity and huge advantage for a Dance team. That likely explains how well they meld in such a short time. I think they have a great future.

Custom Title
    You know, I wish I saw that, but I don't. I wasn't the biggest fan of Crone/Porier by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't see the chemistry that people see here. I don't see any on ice connection - I actually think they considerably lack connection. It doesn't help that they're skating weak choreography (there are moments, like in the circ. step, where you can see Piper just trying so hard to keep up - they even schedule a mid element break so she can run), and that clearly she's no match from him technically/skating skills wise. That they can score 7.65 average on component scores is rather ridiculous at this stage, imo.

Where are Sarah Arnold and Justin Trojek? Is one of them injured?

Banned
    So G/P can't go to world? Why? Is it because she's US? How are they going to resolve this then?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    So G/P can't go to world? Why? Is it because she's US? How are they going to resolve this then?
    They will be eligible for international competition March 2012. However, that would be VERY late and so they have stated they understand that their international competitive debut will be in the 2012/2013 season, where they will be eligible for two GPs (I think). Her status as an American citizen isn't the reason, but the fact that she competed for the USA internationally. If that wasn't the case, they could compete this season.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    They will be eligible for international competition March 2012. However, that would be VERY late and so they have stated they understand that their international competitive debut will be in the 2012/2013 season, where they will be eligible for two GPs (I think). Her status as an American citizen isn't the reason, but the fact that she competed for the USA internationally. If that wasn't the case, they could compete this season.
    How are they eligible for two? Wouldn't they be able to get an assignment to Skate Canada only? I thought the previous standing rule only applied for one year?
    Last edited by wasabi; 01-21-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Custom Title
    I liked all pairs. ;-)
    I was impressed with Paul/Islam, I thought they should be 4th not 5th, however I also liked Ralph/Hill so that's OK. And I thought Orford /Williams were great.
    That said I just love Weaver/ Poje, and I am waiting for their free dance tomorrow.
    As for Gilles/Poirier, I think they have great chemistry. I was fan of Crone/Porier but G/P are also very good, this pair just feels different from C/P.. Frankly, I wish Crone will find a partner and then we will have two great different new pairs.

Custom Title
    a little bit late, my dance analysis http://thewrongedgefigureskatingblog...ort-dance.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    How are they eligible for two? Wouldn't they be able to get an assignment to Skate Canada only? I thought the previous standing rule only apply for one year?
    Samuelson/Gilles got one, and they (she) had the same gap. Competed 09/10, missed 10/11, new pair, got CoC. Chock/Bates got two last season. But then again, I suspect the ISU makes up the rules as they go along.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast