Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 53 of 53

Thread: Men short program

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    I think this SP fits him like a glove. I enjoyed it very much! Much more than I did at last year worlds. Great job, Patrick!

  2. #47
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    For once, I miss PJ Kwong and Kurt Browning. How on earth Tracy Wilson gets to work on both networks in Canada, PLUS USA as well?
    probably because PJ Kwong and Kurt are terrible commentators, and Tracy, although not a great announcer herself, just has that announcer voice and look

  3. #48
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,119
    Because her voice is less annoying than Sandra Bezic's?

  4. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    552
    PJ Kwong may not be the best commentator, but she has the knowledge and LOVES figure skating. I think that's important. It's not just a job for her. And to do 6 to 8 hours a day on live stream is no small task either.

  5. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    LOL, I find your criticism regarding Chan's skate is a joke, not his PCs. Average skating? Non-secure 4t? Dull 3A? I wonder what's the point for you to even watch his skate since it's obviously from the start, he's going to be over-marked with so so skate and you are going to hate it. Why not just go to enjoy the skaters you love, instead of constantly bashing Chan for every chance you have?
    Come on.. that was worth watching: no single fall. The quad was sloppy and 3A was not that high or gorgeous. Easy to see. Even Chan himself tried to be humble (honestly, never expected this from him) and gave critical comments to his own skating. Probably, the guy knows already what things are said about his scores in FS community, and I am not speaking about myself. But still he got overloaded GOE. PCS is a joke. "Take five" itself is not a masterpiece at all. Also, watching it for the second season is a kind of bore. It dulls to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Sour graping much?
    I wish. But protocals are all there. Canadian field was indeed much weeker than Japanese or Russian. Fact.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I wish. But protocals are all there. Canadian field was indeed much weeker than Japanese or Russian. Fact.
    Really? A fact? Anybody landed Quad Salchow+Triple Toe combo at the Japanese National or the Russian National? How about a guy who was credited with 3 landed Quads, including 2 Quad Salchows, still only ended up merely 2nd at Canadian National? How many Quads did Kozuka, the Silver Medalist at Japanese National land? I think it was something like 0. Zero, wow, I mean can the number go negative like -1? I am sure Sergei Voronov is taking the World by storm by finishing 3rd at Russian National because you know, he is so good that he managed to give Russia only 1 spot for 2011 at the 2010 Worlds. Gachinski must be so hot that he miserably failed to qualify for GPF this season by a mile. Last but not least, remind me how many jumps did Plushenko miss at Russian National vs. that the # of jumps that Chan missed? Well, I think if we were to go by that, the score would be like 4-0, advantage Chan. Or for that matter, how many times did Dai crash on the ice on his way to win the Japanese National? Yep, I am sure those rolling on the ice were designed to enhance the emotions and choreography of his FS. :sheesh:

    You know something? There is a very real possibility that there will be no Japanese or Russian man on the World podium this year, I think that says a lot about the state of men's skating and your really twisted sense of reality. Surely, you are entitled to whatever opinion you may have but let's try not to augment it to the status of a "fact" just because you say so or maybe the insecurity is showing after all.
    Last edited by wallylutz; 01-25-2012 at 12:29 AM.

  7. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Come on.. that was worth watching: no single fall. The quad was sloppy and 3A was not that high or gorgeous. Easy to see. Even Chan himself tried to be humble (honestly, never expected this from him) and gave critical comments to his own skating. Probably, the guy knows already what things are said about his scores in FS community, and I am not speaking about myself. But still he got overloaded GOE. PCS is a joke. "Take five" itself is not a masterpiece at all. Also, watching it for the second season is a kind of bore. It dulls to death.
    I wish. But protocals are all there. Canadian field was indeed much weeker than Japanese or Russian. Fact.
    Then why are you still watching him skate? So you can come here and bash him some more? It proves nothing but just you being a troll, trying to stir some crap.

  8. #53
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Then why are you still watching him skate? So you can come here and bash him some more? It proves nothing but just you being a troll, trying to stir some crap.
    Don't pay attention to Let's Talk (rubbish?), Jettasian. Reading through several threads, I always skip reading his/her comments. There are some comments which I enjoy reading because they make sense and as a non-skater but fan of figure-skating, you learn from their knowledge/comments. In LTR's case, it's complete waste of time to even argue with him/her. As you rightly pointed out, just a troll. Let a troll be forever a troll

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •