15 Andrei Rogozine
16 Elladj Balde
17 Kevin Reynolds
18 Patrick Chan

Live Stream:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/canadian-figure-skating-championships-2012

skatinginbc

Medalist
I just saw Charles Dion skating. He is the only skater I have ever seen throughout all these years of watching figure skating that wears a pair of prescription glasses during an amateur competition. The glasses somehow made me nervous. I was worrying they would fly off during a spin or a jump or while he was bending down. And I was afraid they would break into pieces and hurt his eye if he fell or tumbled.

jettasian

Match Penalty
If all these so called up and coming "young guys" can't try 3A, when are they going to try? There's really no point if you can't do 3A.

jettasian

Match Penalty
101.33? That gotta be the record, right, right, right??? LOL

Bravo to Patrick, what a great skate!

nadster

Final Flight
Thoughts here.

Rogozine needs to pretend that his competitors come from foreign countries. He has to solve his problems with domestic competitions as he does not have those problems internationally. He looks destined to go to JW again along with Firus.

The coaching change is already good for Balde. His technique is much cleaner now.

Enjoyed Reynolds and Chan of course. Nice to see Ten in 3rd and hopefully get a 4CC ticket so that he gets an ISU ranking again.

As much as I love Firus ( love his speed, edges and musicality ) , he badly needs more on the jumps. Also his spins can be improved somewhat. He ages out after this season and I don't see him getting Nebelhorn ( ie a chance to get a Skate Canada spot ) unless he ups the ante on the jumps.

I hope Chan sits out 4CC and Reynolds, Balde and Ten get the 4CC tickets.

emma

Record Breaker
haven't watched anything accept V/M SD....but, wow, what a score from Chan. Great for him!! So happy to read that Reynolds did well too. Yeah for Ten! Best of luck to all in the LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy Ten's comeback and currently being in medal position is the story in this men's event for me. I am SO THRILLED for him! :love: I can't wait to see his skate . . . I hope some kind person posts it to youtube or maybe I can catch the stream somewhere. J10 is my favorite Canadian man! :rock:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Great result for Kevin Reynolds, too! 80.81
4s3T, 3a, 3LZ, good f/w only problem the spin
http://results.skatecanada.ca/2011-2012/2012CDNS/2012CDNSSrMenShortsegJudgesDetails.pdf

Not 101.3 like Chan, though

Omg! I'm soo happy for Kevin!! He deserves it! I just hope he can keep it together for the long and medal. Gooo Kevin!
Not surprised about Chan but can't really comment when I haven't seen his program. I'm sure he did awesome though. He did land all his jumps so that's good.

Thanks for the updates and commentary everyone!

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Anybody have a link to results?
I'm looking in the official site but I only see novice results.
Thanks in advance.