Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Men - Free Program

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    thank you so much for the Chan link! Living in the states and trying to follow my beloved Canadian Nationaols is so frustrating with everything being geo blocked ! Can anybody help me find videos of Reynolds and Ten's LP's? thanks!
    kevin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIWqPxwzk0

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I've said that before about him, so there is no need to second guess or interpret anything further than what is said.
    How can you demand that we trust every word you said?
    Actually, my understanding of Patrick's way of speech is slightly different from yours. I feel sometimes we cannot interpret his words literally. For instance, "Several years ago I felt more Canadian, but I'm slowly feeling more Chinese". Does that mean he felt less Canadian now?
    Another example concerns his remarks on his short program performance at the National. As I have argued in the Men Short Program thread now hidden from view for some fishy reasons, one would have imagined a labored performance and an inflated score based on his own comments.

To me, his comments are mostly streams of expressions to describe his emotions at the moment. "Those points are deserved because I worked hard" should not be interpreted logically and literally. It simply meant "I worked very hard and I'm very happy I received good points." And "I'm the only one though. I'm a loner" was simply an expression of his happiness like a lotto winner yelling, "I won. I'm the only winner." Did he intend to hurt anybody's feeling? No. Was he arrogant? No. He was just caught in his happiness.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 01-23-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Custom Title
    "I'm the only one" was said in reference to the "300 Club" - skaters who have achieved a score of 300.

Custom Title
    "300 Club" was coined by Rod Black and quickly posed in a question to Patrick. As a club usually has a number of members, so I think he simply finds it funny to be the sole member. And it's the truth. Then of course he was aware of the 300 mark being unofficial and subject to dismissals by naysayers but he decided he was going to have fun with it anyway. I say, "You go Patrick! Celebrate! Loads of year-end awards, the big two one birthday, a New Year, and now a Chinese New Year that comes with a prestigious Club 300 membership! This is one of the most memorable times in your life. Enjoy and savor!"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    How can you demand that we trust every word you said?
    Actually, my understanding of Patrick's way of speech is slightly different from yours. I feel sometimes we cannot interpret his words literally. For instance, "Several years ago I felt more Canadian, but I'm slowly feeling more Chinese". Does that mean he felt less Canadian now?
    Another example concerns his remarks on his short program performance at the National. As I have argued in the Men Short Program thread now hidden from view for some fishy reasons, one would have imagined a labored performance and an inflated score based on his own comments.

To me, his comments are mostly streams of expressions to describe his emotions at the moment. "Those points are deserved because I worked hard" should not be interpreted logically and literally. It simply meant "I worked very hard and I'm very happy I received good points." And "I'm the only one though. I'm a loner" was simply an expression of his happiness like a lotto winner yelling, "I won. I'm the only winner." Did he intend to hurt anybody's feeling? No. Was he arrogant? No. He was just caught in his happiness.
    What's the difference between your take and SF's take?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Didn't see you write this kind of words under Takahashi's three-fall LP at Japan Nationals. That says all.
    But Daisuke didnt get over 200 in his LP........

Custom Title
    ^^^^ Well, it's my poor writing that caused the challenge from bc. I meant that I had written that there was no need to second guess Patrick, not that there is no need to second guess him because I say so, which was what came across to bc.

eta. This is in response to Bluebonnet above.

Moderator's note: Men's short program thread should be working now. Sorry about that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    So because Dai didn't get over 200, Chan couldn't?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Obviously a three-fall program could be called "crappy" but no one did, not from Dai fans of course, not even from non-Dai fans. Instead, some Dai-hard fan pop here and call a tiny shaky landing but still could be called perfectly clean program "crappy". What are you trying to argue about?!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Custom Title
    I just love one of the winning secrets Patrick revealed: Save a potentially bad quad landing by tacking a 3T after it!

Now everybody can do the same and join the 300 Club.

Custom Title
    After watching Patrica Chan's SP & LP on Youtube, I can ignore any arrogance I felt from his interview.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Obviously a three-fall program could be called "crappy" but no one did, not from Dai fans of course, not even from non-Dai fans. Instead, some Dai-hard fan pop here and call a tiny shaky landing but still could be called perfectly clean program "crappy". What are you trying to argue about?!
    You are taking my words out of context. All I said was "Daisuke didn't get over 200 in his LP" with no mentions or implications of PChan's performance and interpretation being "crappy" (it was very good). But I see where "let's talk" is coming from, for a performance "worth" 200 points, some of the landings were not the cleanest. And also, I am not still not buying Patrick's interpretation of the music....he doesn't seem to "feel" the music, rather skates to the music instead. If Daisuke scored over 200 points with his National LP...boy, that would stirr a lot of controversy. But Daisuke won on the merit of his SP - brilliant performance, and not this LP alone (he was only ranked third).

@jettasian, don't understand why you have to be so defensive....you just jumped to conclusions.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    thank you so much for the Chan link! Living in the states and trying to follow my beloved Canadian Nationaols is so frustrating with everything being geo blocked ! Can anybody help me find videos of Reynolds and Ten's LP's? thanks!
    I feel your pain! Living in the states with no internet access at home and only my crappy phone to read updates on here. Thanks everyone. Very much appreciated.
    I did find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDFrSoGWPhQ

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leil View Post

Thank you soo much! I had been looking for this!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast