Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Men - Free Program

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Hi, Kara Bear. Glad to see you back posting!
    Hi Mathman! It's good to see familiar "faces" still around here. I don't have much time to follow skating anymore but I couldn't miss a skating viewing opportunity so close to where I am.

Banned
    Now that Chan's 3A seems to be working for him, I wonder if he'd add back another 3A in the long next season. It's scary to think that despite his already amazing scores, there ARE still lots of rooms for him to improve even more. I see that he will add bits by bits each year toward Sochi. Maybe another 3A or new quad in 2013, then a three quads, two axel in the long by 2014? LOL

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Now that Chan's 3A seems to be working for him, I wonder if he'd add back another 3A in the long next season. It's scary to think that despite his already amazing scores, there ARE still lots of rooms for him to improve even more. I see that he will add bits by bits each year toward Sochi. Maybe another 3A or new quad in 2013, then a three quads, two axel in the long by 2014? LOL
    *touch wood* i am afraid he might get injured if he does that... :/ i mean, plushenko/yagudin at their peak didn't even have 3 quads.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    His focus this year is on the presentation side of the performance, looks like he's getting there...
    He was in total command of his choreography.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    *touch wood* i am afraid he might get injured if he does that... :/ i mean, plushenko/yagudin at their peak didn't even have 3 quads.
    Well, not to be contrary, but today Kevin Reynolds almost made history by doing 3 different quads in the long program,if I'm not mistaken. But he underrotated the loop, I believe. So its certainly doable.
    Injuries are another matter. If skaters didn't take chances the sport would stagnate and there would be nothing to aim for at the top. But I see where you're coming from. Injuries are more likely for Reynolds and Chan, if he does it in the future.
    Last edited by aemeraldrainc; 01-22-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Patrick Chan was phenomenal.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    His technical ability is astonishing and he is improving as a performer. I don't yet see unbridled passion or a unique viewpoint in terms of expression, though, and there is still plenty to criticize about how the movements are designed to garner points rather than go to the music or form a complete whole.

But, my oh my. It's always great to see someone deliver the very best they can and Patrick is mind-boggling talented with his blade control.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Well, not to be contrary, but today Kevin Reynolds almost made history by doing 3 different quads in the long program,if I'm not mistaken. But he underrotated the loop, I believe. So its certainly doable.
    Injuries are another matter. If skaters didn't take chances the sport would stagnate and there would be nothing to aim for at the top. But I see where you're coming from. Injuries are more likely for Reynolds and Chan, if he does it in the future.
    Yeah I noticed Kevin attempted three quads...but to do it on a regular basis, it might be a bit too much for your body. It's great to see a program with 3 quads and two triple axels tho :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Easy, easy! Patrick is a human too.

Wow! Who said Patrick couldn't deliver clean skates and needs to dilute his programs?! He just keeps adding perfect skatings into his resume!

300 Club! I knew in the beginning of this season that this program could get 10 in CH. Now I'm waiting for him to get 10s in all PCS categories at 4CC and/or Worlds!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Kudos to Kevin too for making a mark with all those quads. He almost made history today for landing 3 different quads. The 4Lo was downgraded, earning him only 3 points. Interesting that his TES is 85.51 compared to Patrick's 103.21. He has a great TES and a very impressive over all score of 158.63, just to be overshadowed by Patrick's amazing scores! Probably other skaters will meet the same fate comes Worlds if Patrick will put up similar performances.

It has been said before that Kevin's misfortune is to be skating for Canada at this time when Patrick Chan is so dominant. Kevin could have been National champion by now if he had skated in another era in Canadian figure skating. C'est la vie.
    I'm glad that the judges rewarded him with that overall score. If only international judges would show him the same love. Does anyone think that his silver medal will help him with the judges at worlds? If he skates well obviously.
    Last edited by aemeraldrainc; 01-23-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Banned
    Been watching Chan's free program on TSN countless time already Just a question, at 4:48, did he slip? Because he was so fast, it's hard to tell.

Banned
    LOL!!! Over 200 with a bunch of crappy landings and no Hispanic character in the performance/interpretation. Yeah, the show must go on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    LOL!!! Over 200 with a bunch of crappy landings and no Hispanic character in the performance/interpretation. Yeah, the show must go on.
    Didn't see you write this kind of words under Takahashi's three-fall LP at Japan Nationals. That says all.

Custom Title
    “I made the 300 club. I'm the only one though. I'm a loner," Chan said. “There are for sure people that are going to [question my high marks received on home turf], but you can't really do anything about it. I'm not going to let people ruin my fun.” And his secret to success is: “Having the right people around, having time for myself...and gambling. It's just so exciting to gamble." http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2310818/

One that deliberately tried to give a good humble image would have avoided saying "I'm the only one". The reporter would mention the fact anyway. Bringing it up himself could add little value and would run the risk of being perceived as arrogant. And we can surely advise him of not talking about gambling, which provokes sinful connotations and a picture of using the raised funds for gambling. "Having a good time in Vegas" is all he needed to say.

Now recall his defense made in early Dec last year regarding his China comments: "I was kind of caught up in the moment and I was just expressing my opinion just fresh from experiencing something magnificent." http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=382248 "Chan, who is always talkative in front of cameras and microphones, said he will not change his relationship with the press. His honesty is part of who he is, he explained, and he will not change his personality." http://www.canada.com/sports/Patrick...075/story.html Indeed, he hasn't changed a bit. He is a real person. He doesn't fake nor hide his emotions. I like him as is and respect his candidness. So tell us the truth: Did you win in Vegas, Patrick?
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 01-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    That was great skate of Chan and I m glad for Lacoste winning!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast