Thread: Karen Chen wins novice ladies short

Hybrid View

Karen Chen wins novice ladies short

Although I feel her score was inflated, her program was beautiful and very mature for a novice. LOVE HER LAYBACK. anyone else watch?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    Although I feel her score was inflated, her program was beautiful and very mature for a novice. LOVE HER LAYBACK. anyone else watch?
    Her layback was incredible!

All of the young ladies did a good job. I had fun watching that.

take off the oven mitts
    any vids of this incredible layback? what was incredible about it--speed, position? are we talking angela nikodinov 2.0? ^^ otherwise i'll make do with caroline zhang and ashley wagner.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    any vids of this incredible layback? what was incredible about it--speed, position? are we talking angela nikodinov 2.0? ^^ otherwise i'll make do with caroline zhang and ashley wagner.
    Position and speed. It started in the classic style, with a nice turned out leg, then was pulled up into a great Bielman without an awkward transition in between. (sorry I'm not very good at giving descriptions)

take off the oven mitts
    ah, thank you always good to see young skaters who still pay attention to performing a beautiful layback.

Custom Title
    I just can't get into watching a 4 foot 12 year old skater like Karen chen. Sure she's a fireball but she's got about 3-4 years of growing to do. No use in guessing what kind of skater she will eventually be since puberty could and probably will change everything.