The most beautiful ice princess of all | Golden Skate

The most beautiful ice princess of all

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well, we did handsome men, but the ladies are who everyone looks at. I have always wondered why figure skating has so many beautiful women. The singles, the pairs women, the tall leggy dancers. Beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. For the olden days, Sonja was talented and truly glamorous. For the modern era, Katarina Witt had the beautiful face and the body type you don't see in skating anymore. Queen Carmen. As for current eligibles, Kiira Korpi is such a natural beauty. I don't think she even dies her hair yet, she is pristinely perfect out there.

The loveliest face ever is Dorothy, who was a bit chunky when skating, but she is also a nautural beauty. No nose job. (sorry peggy-you look amazing!) Prettiest pair skaters? Young Katia and for adorably cute and sexy, Jaime Sale. The ice dancers have had stunners, my favorites off the top, Klimova, Krylova, Belbin and currently Tessa. There are a plethora of gorgeous Asian women, with the mature Kristi, Yuna and AP McDonough at the top of my list. Oh, and Shizuka. One cannot even pick. It truly is a sport where pretty girls seem to do better, which isn't fair, but there it is.

I agree that Kiira Korpi has a star-making Grace Kelly beauty. But the two magical ladies of skating for me have always been Katia Gordeyeva and Marina Klimova. They have an extra radiance that to me lifts them above even the high standard of skating ladies. It helps that their skating is also transcendent, emotionally as well as technically, because they had such a bond with their respective partners.

Yes, Tessa is beautiful. Her skin has a bloom like rose petals. I also love Meryl Davis. She has such an unusual face, all angles and slanting lines. Her eyes are unusually widely spaced, and that red hair adds even more individuality.

Of singles skaters, YuNa is an acknowledged international beauty. I'd add Yuka Sato to the list also: her smile is like the sun coming out. To me, Mao Asada is exceedingly lovely, not just because of harmonious features but also because of how expressive her face is. And then there's Shizuka. She's like a majestic swan.

I have to put both Michelle and Sasha on my list. Michelle has a warm strength to her face. Sasha looks like a Balanchine ballet dancer. I always imagine that if they produce a full-length Firebird on ice, she would make the ideal Firebird.

On my list would also go Jamie Sale and Yelena Bereshnaya. Also Oksana Krylova--wonderfully fierce and intense-looking.

And Alissa!

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Anna Cappellini is the most devastatingly beautiful woman in the history of the known universe. Or almost, at least.

Meryl Davis and Tessa Virtue are both beautiful. Davis is very regal and majestic - her beauty is a fierce one, something you'd expect to find on Mount Olympus or something. Tessa Virtue is more youthful, girl-next-door type. Maia Shibutani and Madison Chock too (really, it's like Canton has a beauty requirement)

Katarina Witt is also stunning. And Angelika Krylova is gorgeous.

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
Klimova and Usova were and remain stunning. Marina looked like a fully mature woman even at 15. Peggy is probably the ideal skating beauty for me when all is said and done. Everyone else stands in comparison to her IMO. Tai Babilonia was also a beauty. So was Lisa Marie Allen. Annenko was very attractive. So was Bechke. Many of the current crop of ice dancers make the list (Davis, Virtue, Shibutani, Weaver, Pechalat). Katia grew into quite the stunning mature woman. Lulu was very regal, as was Kristi. Yuka has shed her little doll appearance and turned into a very attractive woman. Nikodinov was very pretty as well. Sasha always looked too delicate (like a porcelain doll) for me to consider truly beautiful.

BTW, I disagree about Dorothy ever being chunky. She has a different body type than many of today's pixies. She has an athletic build which likely allowed her to remain fit enough to tour for 30 plus years and to maintain or recover most of her jumps during that time. That same reasoning was used to call Nikodinov fat during a thread last year. Also not true. They have very similar builds. For me Dorothy was the epitome of the wholesome 1970s beauty. She defined the decade for young women.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree Kiira Korpi is definitely beautiful
Gordeeva is also a lovely brunette
but Katarina Witt was more of a bombshell

other beautiful Ice Princesses type of beauty

Kim Yuna
Sasha Cohen
Alissa Czisny
Julia Lipnitskaya ( when she will grow older will be very beautiful )
Anna Cappellini
Anastasia Martiusheva
Laura Lepisto

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, but she did use her looks to her advantage? Did flexibility accentuate her beauty or detract from it?

I was actually speaking separate from skating itself- I really, literally, just think she is beautiful. There are lots of skaters who I think are lovely when they skate but when I see them in kiss and cry or regular clothes it is just so-so.

Having said that, I agree with what commentators used to say John Nicks said about her- she never hit a bad/unflattering position. I never once looked at her during a program and thought wow, that is ugly.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I've always thought Sasha Cohen was gorgeous.

Sasha's nickname was china doll. She was innocently exquisite when she came on the scene, then matured with costumes, make-up, the best positions. A tiny phenom. There will never be anyone like her.

krenseby

Final Flight
Having said that, I agree with what commentators used to say John Nicks said about her- she never hit a bad/unflattering position. I never once looked at her during a program and thought wow, that is ugly.

It's kinda funny - Sasha is one of those skaters that garnered both praise and criticism. One day it seemed like she was the darling and yet another day she was like the ugly duckling.

R.D.

Record Breaker
interesting to read thoughts on this thread. I was wondering if someone would start one on the women...

My thoughts seem to be different than what has been expressed so far I always thought Cohen was somewhat overrated- wore a lot of make-up. Actually, same with Ando and a couple others. OTOH, someone like Czisny- or even Korpi- more natural beauty IMHO.

There are lots of skaters who I think are lovely when they skate but when I see them in kiss and cry or regular clothes it is just so-so.

I think opposite is true as well. Some skaters, they look really good, but when they skate it puts me to sleep...

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Can't say who is more beautiful. These are all the princesses on ice to me:

Ekaterina Gordeeva
Sasha Cohen
Alissa Czisny
Kiira Korpi
Tanith Belbin

Meryl Davis is a Disney princess.

claphappy

On the Ice
Sasha Cohen
Ando Miki
Kim Yuna
Carolina Kostner (she looks so much better w/o all that heavy skating make up)
Meryl Davis
Anjelika Krylova
Surya Bonaly
Joannie Rochette
Arakawa Shizuka
Mirai Nagasu
Nathalie Pechalat
Takahashi Narumi
Maia Shibuatani
Anna Cappellini
Yuka Sato
Tessa Virtue