Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies Short Program

Custom Title

Junior Ladies Short Program

The Junior Ladies Short Program begins at 11:45pm EST. I'll be doing live play by play at http://icemusings.blogspot.com/2012/...ies-short.html

Should be an exciting event with the Midwestern ladies looking to sweep the podium and lead by Gracie Gold who had a stellar Junior Grand Prix debut.

Custom Title
    We're doing an ice resurfacing now so we're probably looking at a 12:10am EST start time.

I'm doing some LIVE commentary on the Jr. Ladies event here http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com/...hips_4409.html

There isn't by any wild chance a live stream is there?

Custom Title
    There is if you are an icenetwork subscriber. I haven't heard of any other streams yet.

i am so excited for this event! it's going to be GOOD!

Custom Title
    First warmup group is on the ice. We'll be starting soon!

Banned
    Gold for Gracie Gold, looking good on her SP getting 1st place
    thanks for the live feed.

Custom Title
    Hope Gracie develops a bit more personality on the ice. The jumps are certainly there but she needs work on everything else. Still nice to see an American girl who can land the jumps. I bet the Senior ladies are glad that Gracie isn't skating as a Senior this year.

skating philosopher
    Love Gracie's big jumps, Hannah's and Ashley's fierceness, Mariah's and Polina's spark and Barbie's grace. What a great competition. The final six are going to be fun to watch! I think it's still anyone's game. Gracie has a nice lead, but not as huge as I thought. I think it will be quite the fight for silver and bronze.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Hope Gracie develops a bit more personality on the ice. The jumps are certainly there but she needs work on everything else. Still nice to see an American girl who can land the jumps. I bet the Senior ladies are glad that Gracie isn't skating as a Senior this year.
    she still lacks the personality on ice side, that has been pointed out before
    but her PCS will even get bigger in time and she already has a great technique on her jumps,
    no doubt she would have eaten Mirai and Ashely had she competed Seniors and would have won by a huge margin of score.
    she is the real deal .

Custom Title
    Yeah she definitely looks more like a Senior skater just with her jumps and her power.

Custom Title
    I'm a bit surprised that Polina isn't skating as a Novice this year considering she's 2-3 years younger then the rest of the girls.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I do see small improvements in her on-ice presence and her non-jump elements. But at this point, it's a lot to ask to improve all those things now. I think her team is smart to focus on putting forth solid programs for Nationals and, likely, Junior Worlds. She can work on the rest in the off-season.

wow what a wonderful group! the top six were awesome! gracie's power, speed, and GORGEOUS jumps, hannah's choreography/interpretation and the way she sells her program (GO LANSING SKATING CLUB!), ashley's fierceness as said above, polina's fun program, mariah's spunkiness and joy, and barbie's smooth movements. i can't wait for the long! this is such a great group of girls. the seniors better watch out next year!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast