Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Qualifications

Custom Title
    If she makes a splash at Euros and Worlds, I'm sure the Russian Federation will fully suport her next season, especially considering how Sotnikova is currently skating. Also, Polina K missed her opening combo 3F-3T in her LP at nationals which lost her some big points. And she had a bad landing on her 3L in the SP. So while I think she was underscored, Adelina skated better. Polina K was off the podium, as it should be.

Medalist
    I didn`t tell that Polina K. must be on podium last Russians. But her PCs might be higher if they wanted her in Euoros. She took her place in team at Euoros almost accidently - Birukova fell 3 times in LP and Shelepen fell 2 times in SP. ( They didn`t make her visa as these girls).
    Sotnikova had 4 bad jumpes from 7 in LP, Leonova - the same, Makarova - even worse. So Polina K. missing her combo 3F-3T and made step out on 3F still had only 2 mistakes on jumpes.
    Last edited by Lilyvalley; 01-25-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyvalley View Post
    I didn`t tell that Polina K. must be on podium last Russians. But her PCs might be higher if they wanted her in Euoros. She took her place in team at Euoros almost accidently - Birukova fell 3 times in LP and Shelepen fell 2 times in SP. ( They didn`t make her visa as these girls).
    Sotnikova had 4 bad jumpes from 7 in LP, Leonova - the same, Makarova - even worse. So Polina K. missing her combo 3F-3T and made step out on 3F still had only 2 mistakes on jumpes.
    I don't think its so much a coach thing as it is that until this year Polina didn't have really the jumps to be competitive with the rest of the Wonderbabies and was a bit inconsistent. Someone like Shelepen is more consistent. I can't imagine Polina's standing with the fed isn't going up up up.

Custom Title
    A few articles have appeared in Ireland about Claras success in qualifying for the short programme.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/other/2012/0125/petersc.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...n-2998924.html

Don't think I have ever seen anything being published about figure skating in Ireland before. Hopefully Clara can qualify for the free programme now.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Only fan's. Seems like he was just practicing here, for fun. But still he is far from his best shape. He is skating on injections and his stamina is probably not that great. Anyway, we'll see his "not just practicing" stuff a couple of days later. There might be some changes in jumps' layout I guess and the spins will be "spinner", at least for level 3. My speculations only.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywRBdWFHUw
    Just noticed this. Thanks for the link.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3