Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies Short Program

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Junior Ladies Short Program

The Junior Ladies Short Program begins at 11:45pm EST. I'll be doing live play by play at http://icemusings.blogspot.com/2012/...ies-short.html

Should be an exciting event with the Midwestern ladies looking to sweep the podium and lead by Gracie Gold who had a stellar Junior Grand Prix debut.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    We're doing an ice resurfacing now so we're probably looking at a 12:10am EST start time.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm doing some LIVE commentary on the Jr. Ladies event here http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com/...hips_4409.html

0 Not allowed!
    There isn't by any wild chance a live stream is there?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    There is if you are an icenetwork subscriber. I haven't heard of any other streams yet.

0 Not allowed!
    i am so excited for this event! it's going to be GOOD!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    First warmup group is on the ice. We'll be starting soon!

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Gold for Gracie Gold, looking good on her SP getting 1st place
    thanks for the live feed.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Hope Gracie develops a bit more personality on the ice. The jumps are certainly there but she needs work on everything else. Still nice to see an American girl who can land the jumps. I bet the Senior ladies are glad that Gracie isn't skating as a Senior this year.

0 Not allowed!
    Love Gracie's big jumps, Hannah's and Ashley's fierceness, Mariah's and Polina's spark and Barbie's grace. What a great competition. The final six are going to be fun to watch! I think it's still anyone's game. Gracie has a nice lead, but not as huge as I thought. I think it will be quite the fight for silver and bronze.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Hope Gracie develops a bit more personality on the ice. The jumps are certainly there but she needs work on everything else. Still nice to see an American girl who can land the jumps. I bet the Senior ladies are glad that Gracie isn't skating as a Senior this year.
    she still lacks the personality on ice side, that has been pointed out before
    but her PCS will even get bigger in time and she already has a great technique on her jumps,
    no doubt she would have eaten Mirai and Ashely had she competed Seniors and would have won by a huge margin of score.
    she is the real deal .

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah she definitely looks more like a Senior skater just with her jumps and her power.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a bit surprised that Polina isn't skating as a Novice this year considering she's 2-3 years younger then the rest of the girls.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I do see small improvements in her on-ice presence and her non-jump elements. But at this point, it's a lot to ask to improve all those things now. I think her team is smart to focus on putting forth solid programs for Nationals and, likely, Junior Worlds. She can work on the rest in the off-season.

0 Not allowed!
    wow what a wonderful group! the top six were awesome! gracie's power, speed, and GORGEOUS jumps, hannah's choreography/interpretation and the way she sells her program (GO LANSING SKATING CLUB!), ashley's fierceness as said above, polina's fun program, mariah's spunkiness and joy, and barbie's smooth movements. i can't wait for the long! this is such a great group of girls. the seniors better watch out next year!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast