Junior Ladies Short Program | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies Short Program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gold for Gracie Gold, looking good on her SP getting 1st place ;)
thanks for the live feed.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hope Gracie develops a bit more personality on the ice. The jumps are certainly there but she needs work on everything else. Still nice to see an American girl who can land the jumps. I bet the Senior ladies are glad that Gracie isn't skating as a Senior this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Love Gracie's big jumps, Hannah's and Ashley's fierceness, Mariah's and Polina's spark and Barbie's grace. What a great competition. The final six are going to be fun to watch! I think it's still anyone's game. Gracie has a nice lead, but not as huge as I thought. I think it will be quite the fight for silver and bronze.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Hope Gracie develops a bit more personality on the ice. The jumps are certainly there but she needs work on everything else. Still nice to see an American girl who can land the jumps. I bet the Senior ladies are glad that Gracie isn't skating as a Senior this year.

she still lacks the personality on ice side, that has been pointed out before
but her PCS will even get bigger in time and she already has a great technique on her jumps,
no doubt she would have eaten Mirai and Ashely had she competed Seniors and would have won by a huge margin of score.
she is the real deal .

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah she definitely looks more like a Senior skater just with her jumps and her power.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm a bit surprised that Polina isn't skating as a Novice this year considering she's 2-3 years younger then the rest of the girls.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I do see small improvements in her on-ice presence and her non-jump elements. But at this point, it's a lot to ask to improve all those things now. I think her team is smart to focus on putting forth solid programs for Nationals and, likely, Junior Worlds. She can work on the rest in the off-season.

macy

Record Breaker
wow what a wonderful group! the top six were awesome! gracie's power, speed, and GORGEOUS jumps, hannah's choreography/interpretation and the way she sells her program (GO LANSING SKATING CLUB!), ashley's fierceness as said above, polina's fun program, mariah's spunkiness and joy, and barbie's smooth movements. i can't wait for the long! this is such a great group of girls. the seniors better watch out next year!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't see Gracie staying as a Junior next year. She wouldn't gain anything. The way she skated tonight she would place top 4 easily against the Senior ladies.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I can't see Gracie staying as a Junior next year. She wouldn't gain anything. The way she skated tonight she would place top 4 easily against the Senior ladies.

Who said that she should stay junior? I just said that she should focus on skating solid programs now and work on the details when the season's over.

macy

Record Breaker
pretttyyy sure she's moving up next year. this is her second year as a junior.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
definitely some promising young juniors with Gracie, Hannah and glad Polina is improving, I didnt know she is just 13 yrs. old !

I see Gracie Gold finishing a podium at junior worlds
so will Gracie compete in another JGP this season ?