Junior Ladies Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It was my own expectations based on an article written by Phil Hersh on Gracie.

I went and re-read the article and wonder where you built your artistic expectations on. This is the only part that mentions artistry:

Skating is, of course, more than jumping. Gold's spins are solid but her artistry is limited, leaving the impression of an expressionless race from element to element.

"She has great line and posture and is a very pretty girl on the ice," [Scott] Hamilton said. "Her only weakness is she tends to skate through the music (rather than to it). … Time should take care of that."

macy

Record Breaker
Just finished watching the Jr. Ladies SPs on IN (i.e. replay), and honestly the only one that I watched twice (three times already) was Hannah Miller. :)

Hannah does everything ~ Mazurka Jump, Stag Leap, Besti Squat, Russian Splits, et al ~ and she does it with style, class, sharpness, quickness, flow, so that everything is seamless. She has passion, verve, joie de vivre, and above all musicality. The program was perfect for her; signature piece already at the young age of 15. Her jumps were good, but nowhere close to Gracie Gold's of course, nobody was, lol. But what I like about Hannah is that she has both, one cannot say she's only about jumps, or only about artistry. She has it all.

Here's to seeing more of Hannah Miller in the future, starting with her FS. :)^)

p.s. when she first came out I thought she was a Russian skater due to the unusual and beautiful costume she wore. Btw, Gracie Gold's jumps are on par with the Russian ladies imho, even a tad better, not because she jumps higher than them, no, it's the beautiful & unusual way she holds her body when she does her jumps. Jmho. One more thing, these two are the only ones I did not fastforward, the others were too boring...

ahhhhh i'm sooo glad someone is taking notice of her throughout all the talk of gracie. hannah still has a lot of work to do on her jumps, but they are good for her first year having the last 3 triples. and she is a very mature skater and is a PERFORMER. her programs are so enjoyable to watch.

lavender

Record Breaker
Hannah does everything ~ Mazurka Jump, Stag Leap, Besti Squat, Russian Splits, et al ~ and she does it with style, class, sharpness, quickness, flow, so that everything is seamless. She has passion, verve, joie de vivre, and above all musicality. The program was perfect for her; signature piece already at the young age of 15. Her jumps were good, but nowhere close to Gracie Gold's of course, nobody was, lol. But what I like about Hannah is that she has both, one cannot say she's only about jumps, or only about artistry. She has it all.

Just watched Hannah. I'm really liking her skating.