Plushenko out of worlds | Golden Skate

Plushenko out of worlds

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reuters - Former Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko, who has only just returned to competition following a ban, said on Thursday he will miss the figure skating world championships in March while he recovers from knee surgery.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This is no surprise, he's said all along he will undergo meniscus knee surgery after the European Championships, nothing's changed. Just more sensationalistic reporting is all, per usual.

As a fan, I'm just glad he was able to compete this year at all, especially at Russian Nationals, capturing his 9th Title in spectacular fashion. :cool:

Anything else, including Euros, is just icing on top. :bow:

Thank You, Evgeni, for being a man of your word, as usual. :love:

ciocio

On the Ice
Evgeni isn´t injured, I mean he didn´t injured himself recently, like people might think reading this article. His knee is still hurting him after the surgery he had last summer and he´ll need another operation. He wanted to withdraw from Euros also, because it´s very difficult to him to land quads and the pain is affecting his skating. :cry: He announced long time ago his goal for this season: Russian Nationals and Euros.

KKonas

Medalist
Plushenko has had how many knee surguries already? 5? 6? Continuing to pound his knees doing quads, and triple jumps are bound to eventually lead him to walking with a cane and leave him an arthritic mess. Don't think this comeback is a smart decision.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
well nothing new here, Zhenya already said he only wanted to compete in Nationals and Euros
with that said, hope he makes it to all his programs in euros .

seniorita

Record Breaker
Why go to worlds to get beaten by chan by 50 points? Sports is strategy, and there are many skaters at worlds with peak age. Anyway he is not looking that injured but his knee seems in pain and his neck also, i believe he losts his focus this way. I went to men practice today afternoon, evgeni didn't jump a quad, didn't even try and is rumored he won't do one tommorow but all the triples were very spot on, he did lutz toe , axel toe and sallow toe combos and stayed mostly on spins and ftwotk. I havent seen him in competition since Tallinn so you can imagine my smile!
Most men weren't jumping well today, they said ice might be hard, I think amodio and brezina tried quad salcow, Arthur fell a lot, amodio was the only one who actually did run through, most men skated their lp, Joubert has gone very thin by the way, and he performs matrix great!

Forgot to say that being able to comment skaters and especially plushenko with Ant was surreal funny:) I recommend him for practices !

Last edited:
Seniorita, you're there? Splendid! Please report when you can. And tell Ant to do the same. How great to have on-the-spot reporters on GS.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Thanks, Seniorita! Enjoy! Waiting to hear more from you!

Good, it's not new injury. I thought he injured his back.:scowl:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think that's why he is hedging already.
R u waiting chan at his peak to beat plushenko at his non peak to celebrate? Flash news, it is normal to happen and will happen anyway, chan is better rn, pretty much from every skater I saw yesterday.
I just dont like that you quoted part of my post cause it looks different , because I wanted to explain to people that he didn't re injure himself, that's all.
But like the warmup off-ice of lambiel I had seen in euros2010 that was sad, it is heartbreaking the preparation he does before the official practice so if you ask me he is crazy to compete today.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
For real? How cool! I can't wait to see it on YouTube. Seniorita must be dancing in the aisles of the arena.

Wow, you didn't know?! His SP is on YouTube already. I'm not sure if I should link it directly here since it is still going on and it is in Euro folder. The YouTube link is in the European Championship folder, on post #15 by Mirunna in Mens Short Program thread.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hopefully this time he won't skate in an unsanctioned show instead of worlds and get himself banned again.

Wow, you didn't know?! His SP is on YouTube already. I'm not sure if I should link it directly here since it is still going on and it is in Euro folder. The YouTube link is in the European Championship folder, on post #15 by Mirunna in Mens Short Program thread.

Thanks, Bluebonnet! When I get off from work, I'll try to watch it.