Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Short Dance

DancerLily

Rinkside
OMG, I know that ice dancing is not all about costumes and I seem too picky (maybe), but did the German lady loose her lagguage?
ITA! such a weird dresses tonight:scratch:...and I loved last years costumes.(I mean, not this team, generally :D )

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
C/L into 6th with 59.62, just behind the Lithuanians and 0.13 ahead of I/K. The british couple are in 4th place! There is just under 2 points covering 3rd to 7th, anyone could take the bronze.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Really happy for: Riazanova & Tkachenko.
Happy for. Bobrova & Soloviev, Pechalat & Bourzat, Sara & Adria
Sad for: Anna & Luca and Elena & Nikita
Surprised by Coomes & Buckland and Isabella and Tobias;

cotillion

Rinkside
I'm thinking there is something a little fishy here! C&B GBR get level 4s on their rhumbas plus all 6 yes, mind you so did T&S LTU, haven't seen the short dances yet, but don't believe even on a bad day that C&L and I&K should be behind them !!And what a coup for C&B they get to skate last in the FD! I really enjoy this team but the marking here seems suspicious.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
I'm thinking there is something a little fishy here! C&B GBR get level 4s on their rhumbas plus all 6 yes, mind you so did T&S LTU, haven't seen the short dances yet, but don't believe even on a bad day that C&L and I&K should be behind them !!And what a coup for C&B they get to skate last in the FD! I really enjoy this team but the marking here seems suspicious.

There is nothing fishy here. C/B did very well and their pattern dances were clean. Well deserving level 4s on both of them. C/L messed up their twizzels, at least one of the pattern dances and were generally shaky today. I/K messed up there twizzels, at least one of their pattern dances and I don't know what they were doing in their side by side step sequence. Looked scratchy and unclean to me, and that's probably why they got a level 1. The technical panel got it right this time, and if you go clean you get what you deserve and when you mess up you get punished. Fair imo. :)

Macassar88

Medalist
Ugh Elena Ilinykh's dress looks like the product of a dress, a pair of scissors and a couple handles of vodka...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm sad I didn't get to watch this live because I was at work, but I watched some of the dances on youtube. I was really impressed by the improvement of Coomes and Buckland from last season (as I was similarly impressed by this on the Grand Prix series). I didn't watch Bobrova/Soloviev, since I hate their SD, but I was surprised to see them ahead of Pechalat/Bourzat, who I think skated really well. I'm hoping Pechalat/Bourzat can still win the whole thing, since they're my faves. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Bobrova/Soloviev: Ehh, I've had my expectations sufficiently lowered such that I didn't hate it.

Cappellinni/Lannote: The best short dance choreography of the year.

Coomes/Buckland: SPECTACULAR lift. Rest is meh. They aren't that great, and you see it in the rhumba.

Ilynikh/Katsalpov: You know, if they ever write a book on Russian Figure Skating, 2011-2014, these guys will be in the chapter of the cautionary tale. Every time I think I see what the hype machine prematurely declared, they just never manage to follow through. Here's a terrific example - the opening to this SD was very strong. They sold the heck out of it. Then as soon as the elements start, it's all over the place. The furious becomes frantic. The pacing is off. Man, even Morosov hasn't be able to instill consistency in these guys, and thats really all he's good for.

Pechalat/Bourzat: Well, Angelika didn't look that impressed after the skate, but I thought they should be in the lead. The PCS gap really should be bigger.

snejina

Rinkside
For me B/S are extremely boring! P/B deserved the 1st place for the short dance. They were underscored. Sorry for C/L and I/K - I like their choreography!
I was impressed by Coomes/Buckland.