Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Nadine

Record Breaker
Another PHENOMENAL performance, I honestly don't know what I'd do as a judge; lol if it was up to me I would tie her and Caroline Zhang, but then again Caroline has the edge b/c of the very difficult & gorgeous 3R/3R combo. she did. :love:

THEY'RE BRINGING IT, YEAH!!!! :rock:

emma

Record Breaker
the ladies are bringing it! Great skate from Ashley.

Caroline seemed fine with her scores....karen was ecstatic, Peter was more subdued but looked happy.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Interesting. It looks like the judges didn't want to place Ash in front of Alissa, judging by the tight scoring. Ash was clean and lovely, so where is the very slight difference of .08? Also, what is it that gave Agnes that high a score?

tulosai

Record Breaker
finally! she must be so happy!!

And I'm so happy for her. You can tell she really enjoys skating. It would be great if she could have a clean long too :)

So far I'm only sad/upset about Mirai. Everyone else (that I like) has been fantastic!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sounds about right, Ashley has been bringing it all season long and that gets recognized. :) I'm just sooo happy for Caroline, the brand new Caroline, with beautiful jumps to go along with her already phenomenal artistry and spins, et al. :love:

Now to tell the truth I'm dreading seeing Rachael Flatt; she going to get clobbered.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Ashley Wagner - Pollock soundtrack

3F/2T - arms above head on 2T
3 turns into 3Loop - nicely done
2A
combo spin
layback
footwork
flying sit soin

32.63 tech
30.43 components
63.96 total
into third place

Glad she skated well after poor short programs the past two years. She's very happy.

ks777

Record Breaker
Interesting. It looks like the judges didn't want to place Ash in front of Alissa, judging by the tight scoring. Ash was clean and lovely, so where is the very slight difference of .08? Also, what is it that gave Agnes that high a score?
3-3.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sounds about right, Ashley has been bringing it all season long and that gets recognized. :) I'm just sooo happy for Caroline, the brand new Caroline, with beautiful jumps to go along with her already phenomenal artistry and spins, et al. :love:

Now to tell the truth I'm dreading seeing Rachael Flatt; she going to get clobbered.

I guess we'll see. The Nats judges do love her a LOT at least if prior years are any indication. But she does have to go clean.

cornell08

Final Flight
Personally I don't see how Ashley should have been scored higher than Caroline. I would have Agnes, Alissa, Caroline then Ashley.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

To be fair, Ashley did 3F-2T vs Alissa's 3Z-2T.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: I too feel like taking a bathroom break b/c I hate to see a favorite of mine show up unprepared, out of shape, et al. :( :cry:

tulosai

Record Breaker
To be honest I don't think the judges are quiiite that calculating if only in that I don't think it would be possible in the time they have to do the math necessary to place one higher or not (especially by such a small margin) unless you were being obvious about it i.e. giving one all +3GOE and the other +1.

I could be wrong though. I'm not a judge.

ETA: This was to be in response to ArtandSport. Sorry!

Alissa did her best SP of the season except for that 1A, IMO. As for Agnes, you have to see how securely she skated. The smoothness and rideout of the jumps was beautiful, definitely the best of the competition. She's a big girl and sometimes that works against her since she's not a princess type, but the jumps are big too and that's cool. Just a lay opinion here.

Nice jobs by Ashley and Caroline!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Alissa rightfully gets rep points b/c she's the only 2-time National Champ here, as well GPF Champion, et al. If she skates clean she's got a chance at a World Medal. :)