Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Wow, nice senior debut for McKinzie Daniels. Beautiful 3Lo-2T to start. Great flying sit. She has a gracious quality, nice line.

Ruffles78

On the Ice
I agree and I also don't like when people make statements like that. I'm not so much a Rachael fan but I would never dream of saying she hasn't been practicing hard- I don't know and I would never claim to know.

Yeah I completely agree.

Great for Czisny!!!!!!!!!! Do you think there's still room for Wagner, Zhang? Perhaps Flatt?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alissa Czisny - La Vie En Rose

3Lz/2T - perfect
3Loop - nice
2A - singled!!! :eek: (and she did a beauty in the warm-up)
flying camel
footwork
combo spin
layback

she's still smiling, but you know she's shocked about the 2A

31.93 tech
31.21 components
63.14 total

first place!!

wow!!! a gift!! wonder how the waxel was scored - and everything else for that matter....

Frankly I don't think this is the miracle you seem to think it is.

Without looking at the protocols I can tell you that what happened is that she deservedly got straight +3GOEs with an occasional +2 thrown in for the spins and the footwork. The PCS were obviously high, also deservedly. She probably got +1 and +2 GOES on the jumps that were not the axle and there you go. As for the single I think someone else already said this but it was obviously a fluke thing- her edge caught which is why she looked a bit surprised.

Overall I thought she did fantastically and that her score was deserved.

lavender

Record Breaker

Without looking at the protocols I can tell you that what happened is that she deservedly got straight +3GOEs with an occasional +2 thrown in for the spins and the footwork. The PCS were obviously high, also deservedly. She probably got +1 and +2 GOES on the jumps that were not the axle and there you go. As for the single I think someone else already said this but it was obviously a fluke thing- her edge caught which is why she looked a bit surprised.

I was thinking the same. I think she totally deserved her score.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight

This. :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Beautiful performance from newcomer Nina Jang! :clap: :cool: Finally, someone that dares to be different, jazzy, sensual even program. Stands out from the rest. She actually reminds me of that actress from the movie "The Joy Luck Club", very pretty. I would put her in 3rd, and even higher up if she were an old warhorse on the scene, lol. :biggrin:

Mirai, you better watch out, here's your understudy to take over the top position, no joke.

Nina Jiang was wonderful! Her program is obviously inspired by Yu Na's Bond but she made it her own. It was a totally integrated performance and she did everything well and with elegance, even sexiness.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Nina Jiang - The Man With The Golden Arm soundtrack

3Lz - nice
2A (back hydroblade, then turned & stepped up into the jump)
3T/2T (arms above head on 2T)
all other elements nice
impressive debut!!

28.39 tech
25.27 components
53.66 total

3rd place

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice performance, but nevertheless nothing special, would put her in the middle of the pack.

Got Nina's placing right, will see if I'm right about Joelle as well. ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: Nina's a one-of-a-kind, I see a star in the making, she's like nobody else. :cool:

Oops, Joelle finished 7th out of 8, so no middle of the pack. :(

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight

OK, I agree with your assessment. Everything else was done beautifully & of high quality. It was just my gut reaction after the waxel. Looks like that she was pleased with her performance & I'm confident she will skate a great long. Looking to Worlds, however, that cannot happen.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice jazzy performance by Angela Wang, just that very unusual fall on the 3F, odd really, she landed it, then held the edge for a long time before tipping over. :eek:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Coincidence or not, but it was great how they played Eminem right when Alissa was warming up, (he's originates from Detroit, and she took part in that Detroit/Chrysler/Eminem commercial). Just thought it was interesting and it reminded me of how in the NBA, the home team (I think) has their own music/mix played during their warm-up to 'pump them up' before the game :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Back from a bathroom break, and with 10 more skaters to go, zzzzzzzz..... ;)

They're re-icing the surface, then will come the 5 minute warmup, finally BAM! :biggrin: At least I hope so, show us what you got, please not the same ole same ole.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching Mirai i sometimes wonder if she really enjoys skating or feels she has to skate for the sake of others. So much talent but she doesn't put her whole self into her skating so it's like she's ticking off her elements but forgets to actually perform.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Just noting that the axel must be a double or triple, so Czisny's single gets straight -3 (BV = 1.1. GOE for -3: -0.6, so ES for it is 0.5)

emma

Record Breaker
Coincidence or not, but it was great how they played Eminem right when Alissa was warming up, (he's originates from Detroit, and she took part in that Detroit/Chrysler/Eminem commercial). Just thought it was interesting and it reminded me of how in the NBA, the home team (I think) has their own music/mix played during their warm-up to 'pump them up' before the game :)

I was totally thinking the same thing...except I was wondering if it was a coincidence; regardless, it gave me that 'good vibe' feeling and she delivered. I feel sad about the axel, but the rest was great. really I think best she performed that this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tweet from Lynn Rutherford:
In the mixed zone: Nagasu, Carroll surprised by Mirai's low component scores #SanJose2012

They did seem low, Gracie Gold scored 25 over in juniors. So for Mirai's PCS to only be three points higher seems odd.

Also random note, nobody has yet to break Grace's TES of 34.38. Alissa could have been close if not for the Waxel. Could Gracie Gold end up with the highest TES in the SP for the entire Ladies competition?!

One more note. Tweet from Sarah and Drew:

At presser, Pat St. Peter said Gracie Gold will be considered for World and 4CC teams.

Last edited:

krenseby

Final Flight
Back from a bathroom break, and with 10 more skaters to go, zzzzzzzz..... ;)

They're re-icing the surface, then will come the 5 minute warmup, finally BAM! :biggrin: At least I hope so, show us what you got, please not the same ole same ole.

So who delivered so far? Which lady did you proud?