Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

emma

Record Breaker
8th is an ouch...I could see that a little higher...but I hope she feels good with what she did and does the same in her LP.

I'm still so, so over the moon about Agnes and Ashley and Caroline....and Alissa (I was heartsick a couple weeks ago worried about her...but not now!).

That's a low TES for Flatt, maybe one of her triples was ur'ed?

Also, just wanted to see it's possible for both Gao and Keiser to finish ahead of Mirai, knocking her to 7th.

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
I wonder why Ashley still represents the SC of Wilmington? As far as I know she trains and lives in Cali and her parents now live in Philadelphia or something?

tulosai

Record Breaker
If she had done the 2A, wonder how it would have scored vs. Mirai. Looks like Christina Gao is the last skater who could possibly finish aheadof Mirai.

I think she'd still have been behind Mirai but by more like 2-3 points instead of 7. I think her PCS would have been the same and they were lower.

As for the rest, yes, it looks like Mirai will make the final flight. I think she could medal but she would probably have to skate lights out. I don't think anyone behind Mirai is in medal contention.

alexeifan

On the Ice
What a great story for Zhang. So many wrote her off, now look how much she has improved at an age where many said she couldn't. So proud of her.

cornell08

Final Flight
What a great story for Zhang. So many wrote her off, now look how much she has improved at an age where many said she couldn't. So proud of her.

The key was that she truly loved the sport and realized she didn't want to leave it.

FTnoona

Final Flight
As for the rest, yes, it looks like Mirai will make the final flight. I think she could medal but she would probably have to skate lights out. I don't think anyone behind Mirai is in medal contention.
I hope she does skate lights out. I would love to see her have one more shot at worlds before she retires. If she instead bombs the free, I hope she'll perform the shiz out of the program and not give up like in Canada.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
BRAVO, SUPERB performance from Kiri Baga, like seeing Hannah Miller with big jumps! :cool: :love: :clap:

Love the Stag Leap, Split Falling Leaf, and that OUTSTANDING brand new type of spin she created, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :points:

emma

Record Breaker
You forgot Kiri Baga. What a little firecracker. She was great in this perpetuum mobile program. Love her expressive head.

she reminds of Sasha cohen in her attack of the SP and fire; and some of her positions too.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Too bad for Rachael. I hope she doesn't give up on her love for skating though. So happy for the other girls for doing really well.