Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Sounds about right, Ashley has been bringing it all season long and that gets recognized. I'm just sooo happy for Caroline, the brand new Caroline, with beautiful jumps to go along with her already phenomenal artistry and spins, et al.

Now to tell the truth I'm dreading seeing Rachael Flatt; she going to get clobbered.
    I guess we'll see. The Nats judges do love her a LOT at least if prior years are any indication. But she does have to go clean.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    So happy for Caroline! And everyone!

Custom Title
    Personally I don't see how Ashley should have been scored higher than Caroline. I would have Agnes, Alissa, Caroline then Ashley.

Custom Title
    Rachael will be first up after the warm up.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Interesting. It looks like the judges didn't want to place Ash in front of Alissa, judging by the tight scoring. Ash was clean and lovely, so where is the very slight difference of .08? Also, what is it that gave Agnes that high a score?
    To be fair, Ashley did 3F-2T vs Alissa's 3Z-2T.

Custom Title
    ps: I too feel like taking a bathroom break b/c I hate to see a favorite of mine show up unprepared, out of shape, et al. :(

To be honest I don't think the judges are quiiite that calculating if only in that I don't think it would be possible in the time they have to do the math necessary to place one higher or not (especially by such a small margin) unless you were being obvious about it i.e. giving one all +3GOE and the other +1.

I could be wrong though. I'm not a judge.

ETA: This was to be in response to ArtandSport. Sorry!

skating philosopher
    Looks like Brian Orser isn't here. Guess he's at Europeans.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Interesting. It looks like the judges didn't want to place Ash in front of Alissa, judging by the tight scoring. Ash was clean and lovely, so where is the very slight difference of .08? Also, what is it that gave Agnes that high a score?
    Alissa did her best SP of the season except for that 1A, IMO. As for Agnes, you have to see how securely she skated. The smoothness and rideout of the jumps was beautiful, definitely the best of the competition. She's a big girl and sometimes that works against her since she's not a princess type, but the jumps are big too and that's cool. Just a lay opinion here.

Nice jobs by Ashley and Caroline!

Custom Title
    Alissa rightfully gets rep points b/c she's the only 2-time National Champ here, as well GPF Champion, et al. If she skates clean she's got a chance at a World Medal.

So excited to see Agnes in first, bout time! She has huge jumps, hope she wins the whole thing and goes to Senior Worlds. I'm sad about Mirai but she just isn't the same skater, maybe she will work harder for next year?
    Last edited by alexeifan; 01-27-2012 at 01:01 AM.

How high do you need to finish to have a bye for next year? Is it top 5?

Custom Title
    Seems like this may turn into a pretty bad season for Mirai. Will she even make the final flight? :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Looks like Brian Orser isn't here. Guess he's at Europeans.
    He is. He's there with Javier Fernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    So excited to see Agnes in first, bout time! She has huge jumps, hope she wins the whole thing and goes to Seniors. I'm sad about Mirai but she just isn't the same skater, maybe she will work harder for next year?
    I think there's some truth to the statement that Mirai doesn't seem to be enjoying herself. I think she should take a few months to really and truly decide what she wants and how she can best get there.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast