Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice big jumps from Christina Gao, but not as big as Agnes's this year. Still, she should finish in the middle of the pack. :)

emma

Record Breaker
I'm really impressed by the ladies tonight ... I had a sinking feeling that they wouldn't "bring it" and almost didn't watch; so glad I did.

Christina had a very nice skate...I'd love to see her work on her posture, but I'm really pleased for her.

Ah, redemption for Christina Gao. So nice to see her smiling again! All was good - she had to save that 3F to tack on the 2T and she did. She could stand to speed up some of the spins, but really good job for her. Into 6th... the competition is so stiff this year!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Christina Gao - Mendelssohn Violin Concerto (if memory serves me right, she had a different short at the beginning of the season to 'To Love You More')

3F/2T - hing on to complete 2T
3Loop - nice
flying sit spin
layback
2A - gorgeous
straight line footwork
combo soin

28.98 tech
25.85 components
54.83 total

6th place - just behind Mirai

tulosai

Record Breaker
Anyone think Gao could have fairly received more points?

Absolutely.

I would say probably her score is too low for her to finish on the podium unless others make major errors but I thought she was lovely and would have had her closer to Mirai.

ETA: I would definitely though have still had her behind Mirai by at least 2-3 points.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That 3-3 did look rotated, so she'll probably get full credit though -3 + -1 for the fall.

And another little firecracker to close (Leah Kaiser) - lots of talent there although she started with a fall.

Our ladies did well tonight.

I'm concerned about Mirai but we all know she likes the underdog position.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This last one, Leah Kaiser, looks & skates like she still belongs in Novice & Juniors imho. They've rushed her on up to Seniors too fast.

And now my final word about Rachael Flatt, whom I've been a fan of since I first saw her debut in 2007, still a fan like I said earlier, but her politics & other things totally unrelated to skating turn me off. This is why it is not good to mix church with state, skating with politics, et al. It's a huge turn off. I'm glad Michelle Kwan always kept a low profile and never mixed her personal life with skating in such a way that it's open to interpretation. Here's to Rachael doing super at Stanford (that's given, lol) and if she continues to skate I wish her well. :)

:rock:NOW ONTO THE FS; BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

jChamp

Rinkside
So Caroline's 2nd loop was underrotated...but she still got (+) GOE on it. I guess the judges were just as shocked as everyone else :)

LeCygne

Final Flight
Good for Christina for skating clean after a injury-filled summer and a rough GP season. Hoping we'll see the 3-3 in tye long ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This last one, Leah Kaiser, looks & skates like she still belongs in Novice & Juniors imho. They've rushed her on up to Seniors too fast.

And now my final word about Rachael Flatt, whom I've been a fan of since I first saw her debut in 2007, still a fan like I said earlier, but her politics & other things totally unrelated to skating turn me off. This is why it is not good to mix church with state, skating with politics, et al. It's a huge turn off. I'm glad Michelle Kwan always kept a low profile and never mixed her personal life with skating in such a way that it's open to interpretation. Here's to Rachael doing super at Stanford (that's given, lol) and if she continues to skate I wish her well. :)

:rock:NOW ONTO THE FS; BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

Her politics?! HUH? Sorry I must be under a rock under this one? What are you talking about?

skfan

Final Flight
what are the FS groupings? do we already know who will make TV?

very happy for caroline and ashley and agnes and sophia and haley and mackinzie and nina. wish i could have been happy for leah and mirai as well...