Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Custom Title
    Slow, heavy and Flatt -- but kudos to her for putting in the hard work to do something she loves. Hopefully, she's nowhere near the top in scoring.

Custom Title
    Yay! I'm so happy to hear that Agnes is doing well! I was pulling for her (and Rachael) to do her best and I'm so glad she did. Now I have my fingers crossed for Rachael.

Custom Title
    wow. My heart bleeds a little for Rachel in the single axel; the rest was great for her. she looked calm and ready and fit and did a really great job. Her SP goes by so, so fast. Not the best spins but it is a program with conviction, good for her!

Custom Title
    Rach is a nice girl, and I can see why the USFSA appreciates that, but she just cannot compete on the world stage. Its been proven over & over again ad infinitum. Still, good enough for top 5 & 10 at Nationals, but I see Rachael ending up like Tonya Kwiatkowski and Amber Corwin, et al, if she stays in, which I wouldn't mind, but I wonder if she will? Especially after going to Olympics, Worlds, etc.

Nice program to EOE though.

skating philosopher
    That's so awesome to see her Stanford buddies cheering for her!

Custom Title
    So I woke up right when Ashley had to skate! Even though it's way too early Glad she finally broke the curse of the SP :-) I feel like Alissa's mistake on the axel should have cost her more? I don't know, from watching the GP, Ladies get punished hard in the score for leaving out that required element. (Ask Mao Asada?) But it's a virtual tie so I can live with it ;-) Agnes being in first really is an upset. She had mostly bad skate all through the GP. Right time to peak wow! Already there's the set-up for a nailbiter long.

skating philosopher
    Ouch. 8th place.

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    wow. My heart bleeds a little for Rachel in the single axel; the rest was great for her. she looked calm and ready and fit and did a really great job. Her SP goes by so, so fast. Not the best spins but it is a program with conviction, good for her!
    Agreed. She was, it seemed (on the computer) pretty slow, but really that's not new and other than that and the axle I think it went as well as it could have

Custom Title
    ps: as well I've been feeling differently about Rach, not due to her skating, but other things this past year & a half. Still like her, but not as much, just being honest.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Not bad for Rachael apart from the 1A, but it didn't have the effect of last year, her positions are not good, esp. layback, and so many girls are doing well. 52.71 and into 8th - ouch.

OMG I can't believe Caroline!! Yayyy it's been way too long. YouTube better have tons of videos tomorrow. Best of luck to all the ladies in the long.

Also looks like we have more than enough senior contenders for Worlds and 4CC. All the better for Gracie though - take it slow. Junior Worlds will be quite the exciting competition anyway

Custom Title
    Rachael Flatt - East of Eden

3Lz/2T - lutz might have been two-footed, but combo completed
    3F - good one
    flying camel
    layback
    2A - singled
    footwork
    combo spin

24.94 tech
    27.75 components
    52.71 total

8th place.

If she had done the 2A, wonder how it would have scored vs. Mirai. Looks like Christina Gao is the last skater who could possibly finish aheadof Mirai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Ouch. 8th place.
    I would have to say that she is (almost, since nothing is certain certain in USFS) definitely out of medal contention.

She must be really upset.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    Rachael Flatt - East of Eden

3Lz/2T - lutz might have been two-footed, but combo completed
    3F - good one
    flying camel
    layback
    2A - singled
    footwork
    combo spin

24.94 tech
    27.75 components
    52.71 total

8th place.

If she had done the 2A, wonder how it would have scored vs. Mirai. Looks like Christina Gao is the last skater who could possibly finish aheadof Mirai.
    Leah Keiser could also. She has a 3-3.

skating philosopher
    Nice effort by Sophia Adams.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast