Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

skating philosopher
    That 3-3 did look rotated, so she'll probably get full credit though -3 + -1 for the fall.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    And another little firecracker to close (Leah Kaiser) - lots of talent there although she started with a fall.

Our ladies did well tonight.

I'm concerned about Mirai but we all know she likes the underdog position.

skating philosopher
    Ouch Leah is in 10th. I though she would be a bit higher.

Custom Title
    This last one, Leah Kaiser, looks & skates like she still belongs in Novice & Juniors imho. They've rushed her on up to Seniors too fast.

And now my final word about Rachael Flatt, whom I've been a fan of since I first saw her debut in 2007, still a fan like I said earlier, but her politics & other things totally unrelated to skating turn me off. This is why it is not good to mix church with state, skating with politics, et al. It's a huge turn off. I'm glad Michelle Kwan always kept a low profile and never mixed her personal life with skating in such a way that it's open to interpretation. Here's to Rachael doing super at Stanford (that's given, lol) and if she continues to skate I wish her well.

NOW ONTO THE FS; BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    So Caroline's 2nd loop was underrotated...but she still got (+) GOE on it. I guess the judges were just as shocked as everyone else

Good for Christina for skating clean after a injury-filled summer and a rough GP season. Hoping we'll see the 3-3 in tye long

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    This last one, Leah Kaiser, looks & skates like she still belongs in Novice & Juniors imho. They've rushed her on up to Seniors too fast.

And now my final word about Rachael Flatt, whom I've been a fan of since I first saw her debut in 2007, still a fan like I said earlier, but her politics & other things totally unrelated to skating turn me off. This is why it is not good to mix church with state, skating with politics, et al. It's a huge turn off. I'm glad Michelle Kwan always kept a low profile and never mixed her personal life with skating in such a way that it's open to interpretation. Here's to Rachael doing super at Stanford (that's given, lol) and if she continues to skate I wish her well.

NOW ONTO THE FS; BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Her politics?! HUH? Sorry I must be under a rock under this one? What are you talking about?

take off the oven mitts
    what are the FS groupings? do we already know who will make TV?

very happy for caroline and ashley and agnes and sophia and haley and mackinzie and nina. wish i could have been happy for leah and mirai as well...

Custom Title
    Thats a helluva final flight Goodnight everyone!

Now why is Leah ahead of Kiri Baga?

Custom Title
    That was the best Senior Ladies SP at Nats i have seen in a long long time. The youngsters skating in their first Senior Nats were impressive.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Now why is Leah ahead of Kiri Baga?
    Base value. Even with the UR, Leah's BV is 30 while Kiri's is a bit over 24.

Custom Title
    Well, it's off to bed for me. I'm so thrilled that the vets have done so well! Looking forward to the FS!

skating philosopher
    Nadine, I just sent you a PM. You can answer my question there since Rach's politics is off topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Base value. Even with the UR, Leah's BV is 30 while Kiri's is a bit over 24.
    OK. Thanks.

I refuse to write Mirai off (even tho' she's making it hard for me, LOL). There are only 7 points between her and Agnes. Go, Mirai! Dig deep!

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast