Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

On the Ice
    Lots of really nice programs! Kudos to Caroline for coming back. Ashley and Agnes brought it! Kudos to Vanessa for the only level 4 footwork! The long program will tell the tale. The best trained skaters will prevail.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Just saw results, what happened to mirai?
    Glad for Ashley , she has killer programs this season!!! :D

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    No I don't think so. Sarah and Drew would have specified Jr. Worlds if that's the case. (And also that's a given; so I doubt that Sarah and Drew would tweet the obvious).
    That would truly be surprising if they are considering Gold for Worlds or 4CC. Has American skating really dropped off that much that we've gotten desperate? She's a talent and not lacking in confidence, but clearly needs to be developed further. If that's really the case, it seems more likely they don't want her soundly thumped by the Russian phenoms at Jr Worlds before they can prop her up properly with the international judges prior to Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tampro1 View Post
    That would truly be surprising if they are considering Gold for Worlds or 4CC. Has American skating really dropped off that much that we've gotten desperate? She's a talent and not lacking in confidence, but clearly needs to be developed further. If that's really the case, it seems more likely they don't want her soundly thumped by the Russian phenoms at Jr Worlds before they can prop her up properly with the international judges prior to Sochi.
    in one word, NO. US ladies hasn't dropped off THAT much...it's just that there is an expectations for medals when it comes to US ladies skating since it's been the standard and we've been beat that last half decade by everyone else...just think about it US nationals is a BIG deal compared to other countries' national competitions due to the talent pool...
    basically, since i don't have the exact quote, Patricia St Peter answered the question with the idea that "all eligible skaters will be considered" Therefore, Gracie can/will be considered, not because she's better than a lot of senior ladies (which may be true for TES but she's not a fully developed skater yet...) but rather that she meets the requirements for being considered (i.e. age, nationals placement, etc). Truthfully, I don't think Gracie getting a senior international assignment is likely as much as i'd like to see her get 4CCs if the top 3-5 senior ladies don't have major meltdowns...having Gracie as an alternate for wither wouldn't work b/c of the junior/senior LP issue...also jr worlds is at the end of February...it's going to be a lot for her to do that many competitions in so few weeks with so many adjustments to be made...

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeauty View Post

i know i don't post often, but i pretty much read all the forums and have thoughts on most of the things that get discussed here, I just don't always have the time to spend to discuss it all
    Me,too! I don't post a lot, but lurk mostly. But I'm starting to post more, especially during competitions. I know I have 400 plus posts, but that's recently and I signed up back in 2004.
    I was never formally welcomed,like I've seen they do sometimes. (Mathman?) Hehe. So I would like to welcome you

Anyways, sorry for the off topic. Moving on.

Custom Title
    Youtube links to the performances? Anyone?

Gracie for 4cc and if she does really well for Worlds!

Just read the results. WOW for Agnes and Ashley, good for them. Glad Alissa stayed on her feet and how about Caroline sitting in 4th. Can't wait to see the videos.
    Sounds like it was a good competition, sorry I missed it.

Custom Title
    Rachael is in NINTH? What on earth happened?

But how splendid for Caroline. Fingers are crossed.

Custom Title
    Happy for Caroline. I'm glad she stuck it out. I was worried she might give up but she has truly improved. Glad Alissa skated well and that Mirai is still in the mix. Finally Ashley put together a clean sp at nationals. Poor Rachel. I'm so not a fan and I've never truly enjoyed her skating but I feel for her. I do like her long program. First time I've ever liked her long program. Hope she's able to skate it clean.

Dream podium would be Caroline, Alissa and Mirai but Ashley will probably do well and if she does I'll be happy for her. She has a great long program.

Custom Title
    It really was a well skated event. I'm glad Caroline did so well. She may even be able to pull herself a notch or 2 in the free. It would be great if she made the World team.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Rachael is in NINTH? What on earth happened?

But how splendid for Caroline. Fingers are crossed.
    A few things happened:

1. Singled a double axle.
    2. Level 2 on one spin and on footwork. Also one level 3 spin. Everyone in the top 5 had level 3 footwork and (I think) all level 4 spins.
    3. USFSA's love affair with inflating her PCS's beyond all reason appears to be over.

Custom Title
    Did anybody have any idea what are the TES (jumps content) will be attempting from the final group?? Is Alizza still going to do 3+3??

Banned
    I predicted after last years Worlds Flatt was done with the USFSA and this has indeed been the case. Even without the singled axel she would have had only about 55 points and been out of the final flight. She might as well go to college full time now. She is past her prime and after her terrible and dishonest decision to skate at Worlds injured last year which probably cost the U.S regaining 3 spots for Worlds, she has gone from the USFSA held up pet to the their enfant terrible. She will become the next Fumie Suguri minus the international assignments if she stays.

Even though Agnes did a good short I hope it is Ashley and Alissa who make the World team. I think they are the U.S's best chance at 3 spots again.
    Last edited by pangtongfan; 01-27-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I predicted after last years Worlds Flatt was done with the USFSA and this has indeed been the case. Even without the singled axel she would have had only about 55 points and been out of the final flight. She might as well go to college full time now. She is past her prime and after her terrible and dishonest decision to skate at Worlds injured last year which probably cost the U.S regaining 3 spots for Worlds, she has gone from the USFSA held up pet to the their enfant terrible. She will become the next Fumie Suguri minus the international assignments if she stays.

Even though Agnes did a good short I hope it is Ashley and Alissa who make the World team. I think they are the U.S's best chance at 3 spots again.
    Thank you for saying everything I was thinking

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast