Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, krenesby, are you being facetious or serious? ;) If serious, Nina Jiang and Alissa Czisny (despite the singled axel).

And I think the USFSA would be crazy *not* to put Gracie Gold on the 4CC team. And if she does well there I personally would put her on the World Team. Of course that depends on how the others skate in the FS. Just sayin' :)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Frank and Mirai surprised? I was surprised too when I saw Mirai at her first GP event this season. :scratch:

I agree with Jammers that Mirai doesn't seem to be very happy skating ... hard to know for sure whether that's true and exactly why her heart doesn't seem to be in it. She just doesn't seem to have any oomph.

Lovely skate from Alissa! I was pulling for her and sending her positive vibes. Definitely, the Eminem music stood out during the warm-up, but I had forgotten the connection with Alissa -- thx for mentioning that reynycpr. :)

Agree with everyone re Nina Jiang -- a stand-out at age 14.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: this would give her a heads up on the phenoms from Russia (aka Adelina & Elizaveta). The USFSA is not dumb, leastways I hope not! :eek:

EDITED TO ADD: talking about Gracie Gold btw. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just pointing out the obvious here: Gracie would also be 2nd place as of right now. Let's see how that holds up...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Caroline looks great! She's definitely slimmed down! Hoping for a great performance from her!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Frank and Mirai surprised? I was surprised too when I saw Mirai at her first GP event this season. :scratch:

I agree with Jammers that Mirai doesn't seem to be very happy skating ... hard to know for sure whether that's true and exactly why her heart doesn't seem to be in it. She just doesn't seem to have any oomph.

Lovely skate from Alissa! I was pulling for her and sending her positive vibes. Definitely, the Eminem music stood out during the warm-up, but I had forgotten the connection with Alissa -- thx for mentioning that reynycpr. :)

Agree with everyone re Nina Jiang -- a stand-out at age 14.

I'll be very interested in the PCS Ashley and Rachael get. That to me will paint a stronger picture. Though honestly, if Rachael beats Mirai in PCS :bang:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Surely they are speaking of Jr Worlds??? How can anyone make a statement like that before Seniors have even taken place???

No I don't think so. Sarah and Drew would have specified Jr. Worlds if that's the case. (And also that's a given; so I doubt that Sarah and Drew would tweet the obvious).

lilshorty

On the Ice
And I think the USFSA would be crazy *not* to put Gracie Gold on the 4CC team. And if she does well there I personally would put her on the World Team. Of course that depends on how the others skate in the FS. Just sayin' :)

She is old enough, but can they actually send Gracie to Worlds after she competed on the Junior level at Nationals?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She is old enough, but can they actually send Gracie to Worlds after she competed on the Junior level at Nationals?

Sure. She is old enough. But I doubt her team would send her. I have no idea if she even has senior-level programs ready.

OTOH, it would totally be out of protocol. I mean the 2nd place winner has to be pretty terrible for them consider it. In general 1 and 2 at Nationals goes to Worlds.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Well, that is very silly. 4CC is a great idea. Jr Worlds is a good idea. If none of the Sr ladies really perform well this weekend, and Gracie nails it at 4CC, then that is a different story.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Gracie is cool, with beautiful long lines, excellent technique, graceful arms, and definitely it would be nice to see her at 4CCs, but I hope for Alissa and Ashley at Worlds. Please don't rush Gracie -- she definitely needs to have the exposure and opportunity to gain international experience, but she also needs to steadily improve artistry, musicality and presentation skills. As others have mentioned, she skates over the music right now, so she's still learning and developing. That said, sure she's quite a bit better than many of the ladies we've seen so far tonight.

emma

Record Breaker
Just based on impression watching on computer - I thought Mirai had a good skate. I felt relieved and happy for her as it ended. The loop was rough but she hung on; everything was good. But, maybe that's the problem...it was good, maybe even really good but something was empty - maybe her performance, I'm not sure. But even though she and Alissa both do all their jumps first, I was soooooooooooo aware of it with Mirai; and she is by no means slow at all, but the short program started to feel long to me. I don't quite know how else to put it - really good job and I hope she kicks butt in the long.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie is cool, with beautiful long lines, excellent technique, graceful arms, and definitely it would be nice to see her at 4CCs, but I hope for Alissa and Ashley at Worlds. Please don't rush Gracie -- she definitely needs to have the exposure and opportunity to gain international experience, but she also needs to steadily improve artistry, musicality and presentation skills. As others have mentioned, she skates over the music right now, so she's still learning and developing. That said, sure she's quite a bit better than many of the ladies we've seen so far tonight.

I think her team is smart and they will not allow it. After all they did keep her in juniors at the national level rather than opting for senior like Leah K. and Angela W. (both also failed to make Nationals at the junior level last year).

krenseby

Final Flight
ps: this would give her a heads up on the phenoms from Russia (aka Adelina & Elizaveta). The USFSA is not dumb, leastways I hope not! :eek:

EDITED TO ADD: talking about Gracie Gold btw. :)

I wonder if Gracie is already being perceived as a threat internationally. What interests me particularly is whether any of the top international coaches have already heard of her. I also wonder if she has been mentioned on Russian, Japanese, or Western European message boards.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yikes, I was right, she finishes last. :(

And lol about zamboni time, I thought the same thing!!! :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agnes is ON tonight! HUGE 3T-3T, 3Z and she's flying across the ice tonight!

Art&Sport

Medalist
I'll be very interested in the PCS Ashley and Rachael get. That to me will paint a stronger picture. Though honestly, if Rachael beats Mirai in PCS :bang:

:laugh: Definitely, I have been banging my head on the wall (figuratively speaking of course) for the last several years at Nats when Rachael has seemed to be preferred over both Mirai and Ashley. Despite Mirai's problems at Nats last year, she had better programs than Rachael -- Rachael did not perform so much better than Mirai that she deserved to go to Worlds, IMO, plus the fact Rachael ended up being injured anyway and did not follow protocol by alerting USFS, so that Mirai could have been prepared to take her place.

That said, Mirai did not regroup very well or get fired up this season.

Very good from Agnes, btw.