Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Custom Title
    Watching Mirai i sometimes wonder if she really enjoys skating or feels she has to skate for the sake of others. So much talent but she doesn't put her whole self into her skating so it's like she's ticking off her elements but forgets to actually perform.

Custom Title
    Just noting that the axel must be a double or triple, so Czisny's single gets straight -3 (BV = 1.1. GOE for -3: -0.6, so ES for it is 0.5)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Coincidence or not, but it was great how they played Eminem right when Alissa was warming up, (he's originates from Detroit, and she took part in that Detroit/Chrysler/Eminem commercial). Just thought it was interesting and it reminded me of how in the NBA, the home team (I think) has their own music/mix played during their warm-up to 'pump them up' before the game
    I was totally thinking the same thing...except I was wondering if it was a coincidence; regardless, it gave me that 'good vibe' feeling and she delivered. I feel sad about the axel, but the rest was great. really I think best she performed that this year.

Tweet from Lynn Rutherford:
    In the mixed zone: Nagasu, Carroll surprised by Mirai's low component scores #SanJose2012
    They did seem low, Gracie Gold scored 25 over in juniors. So for Mirai's PCS to only be three points higher seems odd.

Also random note, nobody has yet to break Grace's TES of 34.38. Alissa could have been close if not for the Waxel. Could Gracie Gold end up with the highest TES in the SP for the entire Ladies competition?!

One more note. Tweet from Sarah and Drew:

At presser, Pat St. Peter said Gracie Gold will be considered for World and 4CC teams.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-27-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Back from a bathroom break, and with 10 more skaters to go, zzzzzzzz.....

They're re-icing the surface, then will come the 5 minute warmup, finally BAM! At least I hope so, show us what you got, please not the same ole same ole.
    So who delivered so far? Which lady did you proud?

Custom Title
    Lol, krenesby, are you being facetious or serious? If serious, Nina Jiang and Alissa Czisny (despite the singled axel).

And I think the USFSA would be crazy *not* to put Gracie Gold on the 4CC team. And if she does well there I personally would put her on the World Team. Of course that depends on how the others skate in the FS. Just sayin'

Custom Title
    Frank and Mirai surprised? I was surprised too when I saw Mirai at her first GP event this season.

I agree with Jammers that Mirai doesn't seem to be very happy skating ... hard to know for sure whether that's true and exactly why her heart doesn't seem to be in it. She just doesn't seem to have any oomph.

Lovely skate from Alissa! I was pulling for her and sending her positive vibes. Definitely, the Eminem music stood out during the warm-up, but I had forgotten the connection with Alissa -- thx for mentioning that reynycpr.

Agree with everyone re Nina Jiang -- a stand-out at age 14.

Custom Title
    ps: this would give her a heads up on the phenoms from Russia (aka Adelina & Elizaveta). The USFSA is not dumb, leastways I hope not!

EDITED TO ADD: talking about Gracie Gold btw.

Just pointing out the obvious here: Gracie would also be 2nd place as of right now. Let's see how that holds up...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

One more note. Tweet from Sarah and Drew:
    At presser, Pat St. Peter said Gracie Gold will be considered for World and 4CC teams.
    Surely they are speaking of Jr Worlds??? How can anyone make a statement like that before Seniors have even taken place???

Caroline looks great! She's definitely slimmed down! Hoping for a great performance from her!

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Frank and Mirai surprised? I was surprised too when I saw Mirai at her first GP event this season.

I agree with Jammers that Mirai doesn't seem to be very happy skating ... hard to know for sure whether that's true and exactly why her heart doesn't seem to be in it. She just doesn't seem to have any oomph.

Lovely skate from Alissa! I was pulling for her and sending her positive vibes. Definitely, the Eminem music stood out during the warm-up, but I had forgotten the connection with Alissa -- thx for mentioning that reynycpr.

Agree with everyone re Nina Jiang -- a stand-out at age 14.
    I'll be very interested in the PCS Ashley and Rachael get. That to me will paint a stronger picture. Though honestly, if Rachael beats Mirai in PCS

Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    Surely they are speaking of Jr Worlds??? How can anyone make a statement like that before Seniors have even taken place???
    No I don't think so. Sarah and Drew would have specified Jr. Worlds if that's the case. (And also that's a given; so I doubt that Sarah and Drew would tweet the obvious).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    And I think the USFSA would be crazy *not* to put Gracie Gold on the 4CC team. And if she does well there I personally would put her on the World Team. Of course that depends on how the others skate in the FS. Just sayin'
    She is old enough, but can they actually send Gracie to Worlds after she competed on the Junior level at Nationals?

Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    She is old enough, but can they actually send Gracie to Worlds after she competed on the Junior level at Nationals?
    Sure. She is old enough. But I doubt her team would send her. I have no idea if she even has senior-level programs ready.

OTOH, it would totally be out of protocol. I mean the 2nd place winner has to be pretty terrible for them consider it. In general 1 and 2 at Nationals goes to Worlds.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast