Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Short Jan 26 7:30 PM

Custom Title
    Well, that is very silly. 4CC is a great idea. Jr Worlds is a good idea. If none of the Sr ladies really perform well this weekend, and Gracie nails it at 4CC, then that is a different story.

Custom Title
    Gracie is cool, with beautiful long lines, excellent technique, graceful arms, and definitely it would be nice to see her at 4CCs, but I hope for Alissa and Ashley at Worlds. Please don't rush Gracie -- she definitely needs to have the exposure and opportunity to gain international experience, but she also needs to steadily improve artistry, musicality and presentation skills. As others have mentioned, she skates over the music right now, so she's still learning and developing. That said, sure she's quite a bit better than many of the ladies we've seen so far tonight.

Custom Title
    Just based on impression watching on computer - I thought Mirai had a good skate. I felt relieved and happy for her as it ended. The loop was rough but she hung on; everything was good. But, maybe that's the problem...it was good, maybe even really good but something was empty - maybe her performance, I'm not sure. But even though she and Alissa both do all their jumps first, I was soooooooooooo aware of it with Mirai; and she is by no means slow at all, but the short program started to feel long to me. I don't quite know how else to put it - really good job and I hope she kicks butt in the long.

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Gracie is cool, with beautiful long lines, excellent technique, graceful arms, and definitely it would be nice to see her at 4CCs, but I hope for Alissa and Ashley at Worlds. Please don't rush Gracie -- she definitely needs to have the exposure and opportunity to gain international experience, but she also needs to steadily improve artistry, musicality and presentation skills. As others have mentioned, she skates over the music right now, so she's still learning and developing. That said, sure she's quite a bit better than many of the ladies we've seen so far tonight.
    I think her team is smart and they will not allow it. After all they did keep her in juniors at the national level rather than opting for senior like Leah K. and Angela W. (both also failed to make Nationals at the junior level last year).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ps: this would give her a heads up on the phenoms from Russia (aka Adelina & Elizaveta). The USFSA is not dumb, leastways I hope not!

EDITED TO ADD: talking about Gracie Gold btw.
    I wonder if Gracie is already being perceived as a threat internationally. What interests me particularly is whether any of the top international coaches have already heard of her. I also wonder if she has been mentioned on Russian, Japanese, or Western European message boards.

Custom Title
    Think Aimee is going to tie Morgan Bell for last place. :(

Tripping on the Podium
    Is it zamboni time? This seems to be the longest break between groups EVER!

Custom Title
    Yikes, I was right, she finishes last. :(

And lol about zamboni time, I thought the same thing!!!

Agnes is ON tonight! HUGE 3T-3T, 3Z and she's flying across the ice tonight!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I'll be very interested in the PCS Ashley and Rachael get. That to me will paint a stronger picture. Though honestly, if Rachael beats Mirai in PCS
    Definitely, I have been banging my head on the wall (figuratively speaking of course) for the last several years at Nats when Rachael has seemed to be preferred over both Mirai and Ashley. Despite Mirai's problems at Nats last year, she had better programs than Rachael -- Rachael did not perform so much better than Mirai that she deserved to go to Worlds, IMO, plus the fact Rachael ended up being injured anyway and did not follow protocol by alerting USFS, so that Mirai could have been prepared to take her place.

That said, Mirai did not regroup very well or get fired up this season.

Very good from Agnes, btw.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Agnes finally delivers. A perfect short! Big applause! Her jumps were so strong and flowing and there's a great clarity to her skating.

Custom Title
    HOLY COW, that was the best 3lutz I've seen since Tonya Harding!!!!

Can't believe it was just last year that both she & Christina Gao set the world on fire with their jumps. Yep, they bomb during the GPs, but bring it for Nationals, ALL RIGHT!!!! And that 3/3 combo. was like buttah....

On the Ice
    Wow, she made those jumps look so easy. Good job, Agnes!

Custom Title
    wow! great skate from Agnes. Jumps were spot on and huge. Great presence and smooth and speedy looking. Spins could use some work...but wow, wow, great job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Agnes finally delivers. A perfect short! Big applause! Her jumps were so strong and flowing and there's a great clarity to her skating.
    I am actually a little it in awe. I kind of just... did not ever think this could happen really. It will be interesting to see if they do give her the nod above Mirai.

ETA: Holy CRAP she is beating Alyssa. I did not see that coming...

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast