Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ps: just saw your comment, alexeifan, I would disagree emphatically. She doesn't remind me of Yuna in any sense whatsoever. Yuna is far above her in every way possible.
    I meant the Scheherazade with the red dress plus red hair tie.

Custom Title
    I LOVE this one, who is she???? Alison T? She harkens back to the days of old, reminiscent of Tenley Albright, Janet Lynn, even 1961. She looks like Natalie Wood's daughter, Natasha Gregson, and especially Natalie Wood in that one movie wherein she's found living on the beach with her grandmother and is discovered and made into a big star. A tomboy, lol. :D

Alison has a lightness of being, would absolutely LOVVVVVVVVVVE to see her next year even more accomplished, especially jumpwise.

She puts a smile on my face and joy in my heart!

^ Yes, I felt Alison T was so similar to Janet Lynn. Wonder if she has worked with similar coaches or looks up to her?

Custom Title
    Didn't pay too much attention to this last girl b/c my mind was on Alison T. (need to watch her skate again after all this is over). But Katarina? did enjoy her pointed toes during her 2A, but the drama was too much for me. Jmho.

ps: alexeifan, I agree.

Custom Title
    Time out, 5 minute interlude, then the final group.

^ haha I didn't pay much attention either, went to make a salad real quick

YAY the warmup with Gracie is on!!

Custom Title
    Lol I know what you mean, just back from heating up a plate of Stroganoff, which I had to shelve earlier b/c my family stopped by to visit and have a good time.

Custom Title
    Gracie Gold isn't bad at all, in fact she's great! I'd put her & Eliza T. on the same plane right now; both great technicians, and their artistry is still developing. Too bad about the fall on the 2A, but everything else was pretty darn good, should easily go into 1st. Loved the Ina Bauer and other transitions into her jumps. And her turnout on the hips during the spreadeagle are super!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Gracie Gold isn't bad at all, in fact she's great! I'd put her & Eliza T. on the same plane right now; both great technicians, and their artistry is still developing. Too bad about the fall on the 2A, but everything else was pretty darn good, should easily go into 1st. Loved the Ina Bauer and other transitions into her jumps. And her turnout on the hips during the spreadeagle are super!
    She definitely had some nerves tonight. But she fought and attacked her jumps. She should be proud of herself. She still pulled off 7 triples and scored 118 even with the fall. That's pretty impressive.

Custom Title
    Ashley Cain is a pretty-pretty skater, not my cup of tea, though I appreciate she landed all but one of her jumps. Nevertheless she is not a standout in any one area, like Alissa Czisny is in spins, as well Alissa has better posture and positions. Still, nice job, should put her comfortably into 2nd or 3rd place. Jmho.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The Mission part of that FS really worked well for Gracie--in fact that's a piece of music that has brought out the best in so many skaters.

Custom Title
    BRAVO, SUPERB, I LOVE HANNAH MILLER'S SKATING!!!!

She too has a lightness of being and is easily the fastest one out there! If only she could stay small like Sasha Cohen managed too, as she reminds me of Sasha the most.

Custom Title
    Not bad, chin up little one, you've just made a fan out of me.

Custom Title
    Mariah Bell reminds me of Hannah Miller & Ashley Cain, a combo. of the two, but I still prefer Hannah, sorry.

Lovely skate by Mariah, just a lot of odd stumbles, which may drop her one level imho. Btw, she looks like little Princess Alexandra of Hanover, only if little Alex could skate like her though.

The door has been opened. Let's see if Barbie Long will take it!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast