Junior Ladies Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies Free Skate

alexeifan

On the Ice
^ haha I didn't pay much attention either, went to make a salad real quick:biggrin:

YAY the warmup with Gracie is on!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I know what you mean, just back from heating up a plate of Stroganoff, which I had to shelve earlier b/c my family stopped by to visit and have a good time. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold isn't bad at all, in fact she's great! :) I'd put her & Eliza T. on the same plane right now; both great technicians, and their artistry is still developing. Too bad about the fall on the 2A, but everything else was pretty darn good, should easily go into 1st. Loved the Ina Bauer and other transitions into her jumps. And her turnout on the hips during the spreadeagle are super! :cool:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie Gold isn't bad at all, in fact she's great! :) I'd put her & Eliza T. on the same plane right now; both great technicians, and their artistry is still developing. Too bad about the fall on the 2A, but everything else was pretty darn good, should easily go into 1st. Loved the Ina Bauer and other transitions into her jumps. And her turnout on the hips during the spreadeagle are super! :cool:

She definitely had some nerves tonight. But she fought and attacked her jumps. She should be proud of herself. She still pulled off 7 triples and scored 118 even with the fall. That's pretty impressive.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ashley Cain is a pretty-pretty skater, not my cup of tea, though I appreciate she landed all but one of her jumps. Nevertheless she is not a standout in any one area, like Alissa Czisny is in spins, as well Alissa has better posture and positions. Still, nice job, should put her comfortably into 2nd or 3rd place. Jmho. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Mission part of that FS really worked well for Gracie--in fact that's a piece of music that has brought out the best in so many skaters.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:points::love:BRAVO, SUPERB, I LOVE HANNAH MILLER'S SKATING!!!!:love::points:

She too has a lightness of being and is easily the fastest one out there! If only she could stay small like Sasha Cohen managed too, as she reminds me of Sasha the most. :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Mariah Bell reminds me of Hannah Miller & Ashley Cain, a combo. of the two, but I still prefer Hannah, sorry. :)

Lovely skate by Mariah, just a lot of odd stumbles, which may drop her one level imho. Btw, she looks like little Princess Alexandra of Hanover, only if little Alex could skate like her though. :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The door has been opened. Let's see if Barbie Long will take it!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gee, I couldn't really appreciate Barbie Long's skate b/c I kept trying to remember whom she reminds me of, not Tanya Kwiatkowski, but that other girl that skated like forever for the USA and also had a horse-shaped type of face like Barbie, think her name began with Amber???? It's going to annoy me until I can remember who it was, lol. :biggrin:

Not a bad skate, very good in fact, except for a fall, that's all. Should get a pretty decent score imho. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gee, I couldn't really appreciate Barbie Long's skate b/c I kept trying to remember whom she reminds me of, not Tanya Kwiatkowski, but that other girl that skated like forever for the USA and also had a horse-shaped type of face like Barbie, think her name began with Amber???? It's going to annoy me until I can remember who it was, lol. :biggrin:

Not a bad skate, very good in fact, except for a fall, that's all. Should get a pretty decent score imho. :)

Amber Corwin?

Oreo

On the Ice
I just want to thank everybody for the updates since I didn't spring for Ice Network this year; however, I am taking the train/bus to San Jose for the Dance/Ladies/Men's final and the gala :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

agreed. happy for Garcie
and Im happy on how she is handling the future
she is the future of the US ladies figure skating

I'll be watching her at Worlds
congrats Gracie for winning US Junior Championships

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I can't believe I like this girl, but that's b/c she reminds me of Oksana Baiul to a "t", same diva attitude, took forever to get out to the ice, and her charisma for such a young age is astounding!!! :eek:

At first I thought "ugh" another pretty-pretty skater, but she defies the norm, she's exceptional, like a Disney movie come to life! Now this is what a real life princess should be when skating on ice.

BUT, her jumps are nowhere near what Oksana's were when on, but then again Oksana was taught by the very best. Her 3L was a monster (bigger than Brian Boitano's per Peter Carruther's words), etc.

Still, great skate, too bad about the 2 falls at the beginning, the second one it looked like she just sat down on without a fight. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
:clap:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, HANNAH MILLER WINS BRONZE!!!! (& Gracie Gold gold, what else, lol):clap:

I'd like Hannah to stay another year on the jr. circuit, whereas Gracie should move on up. Jmho. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So as expected all the medalists (well top five) are from the Midwest sectional. Someone pointed out that if Ashley Cain didn't have that bye for skating at Cup of Russia GP in pairs, that one of those five would not be at Nationals. Shows how crazy competitive and strong that sectional is!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Gracie Gold is ready to go Senior next year. She would have nothing to gain winning by 20 points over her competition. She needs to she how she stacks up against the best and where to improve.

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
What a fantastic group of Junior ladies we have. Yes there were falls, but they all show such promise, even though it's impossible to predict who will go on to Senior success.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder why they rushed Polina Edmunds into Juniors so fast? She skated at Junior Nats last year at age 12 when she probably should have stayed a Novice. Having said that she has something special i agree she reminds me a bit of Oksana.