Junior Ladies Free Skate | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies Free Skate

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm okay, not over the moon, but alas a spark of something has come back, which has been missing for the past week or so. :)

All judges, etc., were just announced, the little ones will be coming out next.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO HANNAH (& Gracie)!!!! :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hopefully this goes fast in comparison to the SPs on IN's replay, but at least on replay one can fast forward before & after the skates, as well as during the skate if it's too boring... :p

Nadine

Record Breaker
The little one in purple I recall had such extreme flexibility in her Pearl Spin the other day that I think she can do an upside Biellmann if she wanted to. Jmho. Then there's the one that is all legs & arms, very uncoordinated, just growing into her body, no wonder she has problems on her jumps.

Okey doke, here we go. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
This is the one I was talking about ~ Gwendolyn Prescott ~ her Biellmann is to die-for (her head actually lies upon her butt, lol). Except for the fall on the 3F and a couple of odd bumbles & stumbles here & there, not bad. I especially enjoy the Tano Technique on her 2Toes. :)

alexeifan

On the Ice
This is the one I was talking about ~ Gwendolyn Prescott ~ her Biellmann is to die-for (her head actually lies upon her butt, lol). Except for the fall on the 3F and a couple of odd bumbles & stumbles here & there, not bad. I especially enjoy the Tano Technique on her 2Toes. :)
Ya, it's crazy, I've seen Mirai do that sometimes too but not as pronounced.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This one (Janelle Herman) looks & skates like Gracie Gold imho, except Gracie's jumps are better. Too bad about the doubled salchow, but the 3S she did near the end was good. More odd stumbles, especially after the 2A.

Final note, when one skates to TOSCA one really needs to have a dynamic personality & on ice charisma to make it come alive (think Plushenko). :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor girl (Camille Davis?), her skating is really not up to par with the rest, but on a positive note her costume is my favorite thus far. Love the use of Swarzvoski jewels, even on her matching headband. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
This is the one I mentioned earlier was all arms & legs, Jessica Hu, no wonder she 2foots almost all of her jumps b/c of the uncoordination of her long limbed body. Hasn't grown into it yet. The judges don't want to encourage bad technique, therefore she should take a huge hit on the 2foots, but she has a nice sense of musicality, though slow, especially her spins. But I like her spread eagle into 2A. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: just saw your comment, alexeifan, I would disagree emphatically. She doesn't remind me of Yuna in any sense whatsoever. Yuna is far above her in every way possible.

Nadine

Record Breaker
And she goes into 3rd out of 4 skaters thus far, just as I thought. She needs more time & better technique, et al.

alexeifan

On the Ice
ps: just saw your comment, alexeifan, I would disagree emphatically. She doesn't remind me of Yuna in any sense whatsoever. Yuna is far above her in every way possible.

I meant the Scheherazade with the red dress plus red hair tie.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I LOVE this one, who is she???? Alison T? She harkens back to the days of old, reminiscent of Tenley Albright, Janet Lynn, even 1961. She looks like Natalie Wood's daughter, Natasha Gregson, and especially Natalie Wood in that one movie wherein she's found living on the beach with her grandmother and is discovered and made into a big star. A tomboy, lol. :D

Alison has a lightness of being, would absolutely LOVVVVVVVVVVE to see her next year even more accomplished, especially jumpwise.

She puts a smile on my face and joy in my heart! :love: :love: :love:

alexeifan

On the Ice
^ Yes, I felt Alison T was so similar to Janet Lynn. Wonder if she has worked with similar coaches or looks up to her?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Didn't pay too much attention to this last girl b/c my mind was on Alison T. (need to watch her skate again after all this is over). But Katarina? did enjoy her pointed toes during her 2A, but the drama was too much for me. Jmho.

ps: alexeifan, I agree. :)