Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    Gee, I couldn't really appreciate Barbie Long's skate b/c I kept trying to remember whom she reminds me of, not Tanya Kwiatkowski, but that other girl that skated like forever for the USA and also had a horse-shaped type of face like Barbie, think her name began with Amber???? It's going to annoy me until I can remember who it was, lol.

Not a bad skate, very good in fact, except for a fall, that's all. Should get a pretty decent score imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Gee, I couldn't really appreciate Barbie Long's skate b/c I kept trying to remember whom she reminds me of, not Tanya Kwiatkowski, but that other girl that skated like forever for the USA and also had a horse-shaped type of face like Barbie, think her name began with Amber???? It's going to annoy me until I can remember who it was, lol.

Not a bad skate, very good in fact, except for a fall, that's all. Should get a pretty decent score imho.
    Amber Corwin?

Custom Title
    I just want to thank everybody for the updates since I didn't spring for Ice Network this year; however, I am taking the train/bus to San Jose for the Dance/Ladies/Men's final and the gala :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Gracie Gold isn't bad at all, in fact she's great! I'd put her & Eliza T. on the same plane right now; both great technicians, and their artistry is still developing. Too bad about the fall on the 2A, but everything else was pretty darn good, should easily go into 1st. Loved the Ina Bauer and other transitions into her jumps. And her turnout on the hips during the spreadeagle are super!
    agreed. happy for Garcie
    and Im happy on how she is handling the future
    she is the future of the US ladies figure skating

I'll be watching her at Worlds
    congrats Gracie for winning US Junior Championships

Custom Title
    Lol I can't believe I like this girl, but that's b/c she reminds me of Oksana Baiul to a "t", same diva attitude, took forever to get out to the ice, and her charisma for such a young age is astounding!!!

At first I thought "ugh" another pretty-pretty skater, but she defies the norm, she's exceptional, like a Disney movie come to life! Now this is what a real life princess should be when skating on ice.

BUT, her jumps are nowhere near what Oksana's were when on, but then again Oksana was taught by the very best. Her 3L was a monster (bigger than Brian Boitano's per Peter Carruther's words), etc.

Still, great skate, too bad about the 2 falls at the beginning, the second one it looked like she just sat down on without a fight. :(

Custom Title
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, HANNAH MILLER WINS BRONZE!!!! (& Gracie Gold gold, what else, lol)

I'd like Hannah to stay another year on the jr. circuit, whereas Gracie should move on up. Jmho.

So as expected all the medalists (well top five) are from the Midwest sectional. Someone pointed out that if Ashley Cain didn't have that bye for skating at Cup of Russia GP in pairs, that one of those five would not be at Nationals. Shows how crazy competitive and strong that sectional is!

Custom Title
    I think Gracie Gold is ready to go Senior next year. She would have nothing to gain winning by 20 points over her competition. She needs to she how she stacks up against the best and where to improve.

What a fantastic group of Junior ladies we have. Yes there were falls, but they all show such promise, even though it's impossible to predict who will go on to Senior success.

Custom Title
    I wonder why they rushed Polina Edmunds into Juniors so fast? She skated at Junior Nats last year at age 12 when she probably should have stayed a Novice. Having said that she has something special i agree she reminds me a bit of Oksana.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Amber Corwin?
    Thanks, that's it!

Barbie Long: http://www.tracings.net/long-barb.html

Amber Corwin: http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...umb=y/7e2wxaQs.

Custom Title
    Lol I enjoyed watching the Awards Ceremony for the Jr. Ladies; the other three tower over little Hannah Miller.

Nice competition, now onto the Seniors!

wow, this field of ladies was just awesome. such good competition! congratulations to all the medalists (YAY HANNAHHHHH!!) gracie had some nerves tonight for sure, but still pulled off an amazing skate. seriously can't wait for her to move up next year and to see her at jr. worlds! ashley is starting to grow on me, she really gets into her music and puts on a good performance. jumps and spins still need work. i'm really bummed about hannah's fall and double, but still love her. also a great performer. not going to lie, barbie is BORING. she has the tech side of it, but PCS really needs work. she just skated through that music and not to it. mariah is such a joy to watch. she clearly loves what she's doing even if she makes mistakes. really like her skating. such a great event!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Looking at the protocols:

Gracie had a base value of 57.81, all level 4's, and completed one each of every triple, fully rotated, and off the correct edge.

I was curious how this compared to senior ladies at the GPF. Recall that senior ladies have one more element than juniors, a choreographic spiral, worth 2 points in base value.

Kostner won with a base value of 50.75

Liza'a base value was 59.87, the highest of the GP ladies.

Gracie will fit into seniors very nicely, if she continues to skate like this.

Custom Title
    Gracie already has harder jumps then skaters like Kostner who is favored to win Worlds. She has a lot of rough edges to smooth but she seems like a hard worker and her jump technique will help her when she's nervous like she was tonight.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast