Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mens Short Program

Custom Title
    GOOOOOOOOOO MONACO!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Thank you so much! Didn't expect it this quick!

Plushenko is still exciting even without a quad!!! 84.71 for his SP! Not bad at all! He could be on the podium if he skate like this in LP.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Great job by Kim Lucine; Prince Albert would be proud (though I admit the video I'm watching is all messed up, lol).

Custom Title
    Kim Lucine

Nice style- summertime, nice combo turn out in between, nice spread eagle into 2A, spins slow but nice varaiation, nice use of the music, lovely transition into 3L but just held on so GOE wont be that great but should be rewarded for excellent transition on that, lovely bit of aeroblading at the end, crowd likes it, might struggle without the 3A. Lets hope he pulls through should get 55-58.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Great job by Kim Lucine; Prince Albert would be proud (though I admit the video I'm watching is all messed up, lol).
    I loved his leg line in that hydroplane move. Such extension!

Plushenko received a big legend bonus. He was powerful and did all his elements well but without a quad and with so so transitions, footwork, and upright skating, almost 85 is really high.

Custom Title
    Chafik Besseghier

Piano in A Minor performed by Maksim Mrvica - fast program and really attacked it, but fast paced all the way through, great 3x3, 3A was there not sure if it was short of rotation but I will give it to him, good speed and coverage, use of music could have been better and needed some light and shade in it, lovely combination spin, should score well with. Competition is hotting up!! Guys
    Last edited by russell30; 01-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Why did Chafik have a deduction? I missed part of his performance...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I loved his leg line in that hydroplane move. Such extension!

Plushenko received a big legend bonus. He was powerful and did all his elements well but without a quad and with so so transitions, footwork, and upright skating, almost 85 is really high.
    I couldn't think of it yes hydroplane, yes it was very nice, we have not seen one for some time

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Why did Chafik have a deduction? I missed part of his performance...
    Must have been a time violation, over running of the program - so 1 point deduction. At this event thats carelessness.

Custom Title
    Knock on wood, video has improved!

Voronov did a nice quad, too bad about the 3A though, but I had to LOL when I saw the soccer ball uniform. :D

I can't wait to see Javier & Joubert (he might finally get his chance to beat his nemesis).

Custom Title
    Sergei Voronov

Music from the A league of their Own OST - not sure what has happened with voronov but did not like the program - very flat, all over the place here a big waxel. Spins were not aligned enough, I think after he blew the combo - lost concentration. Needs Urmanov back.

Sorry must have missed the quad, hard being a journo and watching live
    Last edited by russell30; 01-26-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Custom Title
    Also I honestly cannot wait to see Artur Gachinski, because when he's on he deserves high marks. At Russian Nationals I would have given him the win over Zhenya, and here he will get the win over him if he skates clean.

Custom Title
    russell30, I thought it was a quad, but maybe not?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Also I honestly cannot wait to see Artur Gachinski, because when he's on he deserves high marks. At Russian Nationals I would have given him the win over Zhenya, and here he will get the win over him if he skates clean.
    We will see Nadine, I think Plushy has laid down the gauntlet even without a quad. As someone pointed out before I think plushy's score was a bit over the top, but we have seen that all season with Chan. The next group is a good group we shall see, Plushenko in the crowd holding his breath.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast