Mens Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
SUPERB program from Artur (SO)! :clap: Should easily go into first ~ beautiful 4/3 combo., as well as excellent 3A ~ and light & quick on his feet. He does his idol, Evgeni Plushenko, proud, likewise their mutual coach! :cool:

BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Gachinski is the only who got the immunity shot against the Plushenko's evil eye.

84.80. First. Virtual tie.

euroskate

Final Flight
Plushenko has one thing almost all the other skaters here lack: command. He skates with absolute purpose and confidence (well, except for the first half of that footwork sequence, oy). That should be reflected in some of the PCS, and I think it was fairly scored. Maybe his GOEs were overscored here and there, will have to see the protocols, but I doubt his score was that over the top, at least for me.

On the other hand, I am BAFFLED Brian Joubert got the third highest skating skills PCS so far (after Plush and Verner). He looked painfully slow and tentative on my feed. Maybe my feed is deceptive, but almost all the other top contenders demonstrated far superior SS than him. In fact, his whole PCS is a non sequitur to me. He skated the whole thing like he was cringing.

totaly agree with you on plush and also on joubert. his PCS are always soo overscored!

russell30

Final Flight
Artur Gachinski

Wow Russia is back on track - not long for Sochi, Plushenko seems to be good for Gachinski - pushing one another. 4T 3T wow!!! i think he was fully round on that quad. 3A shame on the landing not a great landing edge sort of stopped on the spot. Nice Loop, combination spin at the end - sort of paused before he went into the position before he started it, and lost speed in the spin. Big score hear i think.

euroskate

Final Flight
so littly plushy beat the oldie. jumps were great. he looked a little slow though!
wander what is on mishins mind

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Artur did the elements, but as a dancer he was a miserable failure. Skated with zero involvement with the music, or any awareness or purpose of movement beyond getting through the steps. He looked confused at times. His PCS being higher than Verner is ridiculous.

russell30

Final Flight
Samuel Contesti

love the concept of the program always brings something different. Huge combo to begin with both solid triples, best of the day so far height - length and speed in both +2 on that, but then fall on the 3A thought took long on that before taking off and that cost him, not sure he was fully round either, disaster on the 3F, going for a difficult transition into it and underrotated the jump, lost momentum i thought between the elements and lost speed on the spin at some point. I feel his free is better but will have a lot to do. I would have thought around 62 for that ouch!!

update they credited the flip as rotated. triple score but -GOE

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh I remember this little guy, he's the Mini Me in Austin Powers (think it's his FS though). :biggrin:

Trewyn

Medalist
Artur did the elements, but as a dancer he was a miserable failure. Skated with zero involvement with the music, or any awareness or purpose of movement beyond getting through the steps. He looked confused at times. His PCS being higher than Verner is ridiculous.
Totally agree!!!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Say what you want about Artur, he skated clean with the hardest content( the second to land a 4T and the first to do it in combo with a 3T). It's not his fault the others stumbled. Maybe Javier wanted it too much. But he is not far away from first place. The competition is still open

Nadine

Record Breaker
LOL I love this program! :D Fast powerful with muscular legs, love his spins, looks like Todd Gilles of the USA, only shorter. :cool:

russell30

Final Flight
Political scoring maybe (It still goes on under COP)

If you was given a lump sum of money to give that skater a score I am sure none of us would turn it down:laugh:

Trewyn

Medalist
Haha this guy is what Kurt Hummel would look like if he was a figure skater! Pretty decent jumps from a guy I hadn't heard of much before.

Oh god nerves now for Kevin.