Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Mens Short Program

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    plushenko is second with no quad and the best transitions...mhh it's kind of funny
    O_o You're right, Plushenko does have the highest transition score in PCS. I must've read the wrong score before to not notice that. Now that is ridiculous. Although, other than that, I mostly agree with Plushenko's score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Artur was the only one that brought his A-game, he's no longer afraid to skate against his idol, as it should be. He does Russia proud. Finally, they have a brilliant skater to lead the pack after Zhenya stops skating in 2014. Worthy successor.

Remember people, when one is skating against a legend, it's *not* good enough to just match him jump for jump, nor to have a bobble or stumble here or there. ONE has to go above and beyond, as Artur did her with that gorgeous 4/3 combo. (only one to do it!), as well as the 3A, et al.

I have no quibble with the marks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSkcXDHuMY (he grabbed his chance & ran with it)
    Really happy for both of them. Wonderful skates. And really happy for Coach Mishin.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I loved his leg line in that hydroplane move. Such extension!

Plushenko received a big legend bonus. He was powerful and did all his elements well but without a quad and with so so transitions, footwork, and upright skating, almost 85 is really high.
    Hello Lysacek Vancouver? Plushenko had a real 3axel, all legend scores talks are whatever, isnt is supposed to be international competition? I m biased yes. Ant said Plushy is very impressive live and especially his steps, I didnt make him a fan yet but if Ant says so about him I m thrilled

Plushenko was in the audience (below Ant also) and was watching everyone. I m happy for Athur and Papa Mishin.
    Fernandez is great but really he is slow, or it seems so.

Joubert...my head entered my scarf and sit there until marks, when i didnt see the combo...

I ll write more later

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

Plushenko was in the audience (below Ant also) and was watching everyone. I m happy for Athur and Papa Mishin.
    I was right! Plushenko was there casting his evil eye jinx at everyone except his mini-me!

But he can't do that tomorrow. He will be in the mix with the "enemies".

Congrats to Artur, Plushenko and Tomas! Any videos up yet?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Congrats to Artur, Plushenko and Tomas! Any videos up yet?
    This user has all the programs: http://www.youtube.com/user/NikaQuest

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I was right! Plushenko was there casting his evil eye jinx at everyone except his mini-me!

But he can't do that tomorrow. He will be in the mix with the "enemies".
    On second thought, Euro announcer in warm up called him a living legend, thats why he got the bonus probably!
    He was far from ice and they couldnt see him, but if it works for you okI dont know how skaters were intimidated by him competing, they were practicing in different groups, he competed at 1 o clock and they skated at 4. I forgot he actually competed when group 4 entered.
    I dont think he will do quad in free, he cant actually do it, I saw in practices his landing knee is not holding. Last two practices he didnt even try.
    But I m so happy he came to Euros, he had no reason to chase a 10th medal and he could just not go to embarass himself with no quad etc since he is not ready, but all his rest stuff look better than 2009-2010, especially the speed. I m doing my happy dance and the audience was very supportive even if he skated so early!
    I m pissed of with Joubert,he had the best practice of all. How he didnt do the combo?
    I forgot to tell Verner was a huge surprise! And is audience darling. And Hendrix from Belgium was surprise too.

off to pairs!!
    Last edited by seniorita; 01-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar

Custom Title
    Good performances from Gachinski and Plushenko and Verner was most steady of the rest. Gachinski needs to hit everything like he did at worlds 2011. 1st in the SP but 4th in PCS. He could be climbing more in that category. Fernandez and Brezina could still be huge threats for medals and what if this is a reverse of last year which was 1, Amodio, 2-Brezina 3-Gachinski and that turned into Amodio Joubert Verner and what if it was some kind of strange Brezina Fernandez Plushenko result or replace Plushenko with Gachinski. This 1-2-3 could stay the same or Plushenko could win and overtake Gachinski and maybe Fernandez could replace Verner , for the FS the suspense will be so great.

I wonder if Voronov is on his way to being replaced for worlds!! In 2010 he was 17th and 14th I beleive and now he is in 14th place. He better move up in the FS by a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Can you imagine there is a judge who gave Brian 9.25 for Performance/Execution? This sport is becoming a joke
    It's scoring like that that makes me question the credibility of the judging. It's probably the same judge who gave 9's to basically everyone in the top 10. :P If we look for "rank judging", then this panel of judges is a clear example of a panel who uses the PCS to rank skaters. Ridiculous!

Banned
    Voronov's costume is different from what he wore at CoR ? yes ?
    terrible soccer furwearball and I still can't believe he was 3rd at Nationals.
    Artur Dimitriev Jr., would have had a better chance in his performance and at the rankings

Custom Title
    I liked Fernandez and Brezina. Very nice programs, very well choreographed and performed. Pity for the errors.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    I'm pretty sure the idea is that he's playing soccer. But on the other hand, I believe he's using music from "A League of Their Own," so make of that what you will.

Custom Title
    Very exciting this last group of the free skate will become. The best 6 can still medal and even win. I am ok with their scoring, only Pluschenko was slightly overscored. Fortunately Fernández preserved his chances to win. But Gachinski seems strong as expected. He has very good nerves. Verner surprised me, what he showed was quite impressive. I also wouldn't have expected Amodio to be so strong. I liked how van der Perren fought, but we know he is a big fighter. Brezina with the usual problems. Bad day for Joubert, Contesti and Voronov, unfortunately. Big surprises by Hendrickx, Majorov and Besseghier.

Custom Title
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-26-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast