Mens Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program

antmanb

Record Breaker
well i find strange to eat a hamburger or hotdog in an actual competition, unless there is an ice resurface or something, as I wouldnt in a theater or somewhere people were actually performing something in front of me etc..
but I didnt find sushi in Megasport arena either, last time I was there! :laugh:
I think Sheffield arena was fine, had lots of bars, and as you were sitting for 100 hours per day in competition, it was ok to eat stood up in the bar for ten minutes. Or could go to practice rink next door with a super pink bar and big couches! :)

The banners / flags situation sucked indeed, it was not normal all the scrunity there was. Maybe it had something to do with their Olys or tv rights?
As also the exit green door that all arena had to go to one only exit!

I think the Green only exit was at the start andmiddle of the week, by the end I was getting in and out of the red doors too without any problems!

I also brought sandwiches with me every single day which I ate during the skaters performances (admittedly it was the earlier groups). But people would come back into the Arena following an ice resurface with food bought from the concessions and eat them while watching the skating. I'm not sure what else anyone was supposed to do especially on saturday with Men's LP and Ladies LP, if you wanted to watch all of the skaters!

Wasn't it Irina Slutskaya who mentioned people eating hamburgers in the stands years ago?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I didnt find sushi in Megasport arena either, last time I was there! :laugh:
I think Sheffield arena was fine, had lots of bars, ...

The banners / flags situation sucked indeed, it was not normal all the scrunity there was. Maybe it had something to do with their Olys or tv rights?
The staff should have given the explanation to the audience why banners were not allowed. It's weird and I haven't read any reasons why they treated fans like that.
Have no idea when your last time in Megasport was, but if you are speaking about Worlds, then the general public could indeed enjoyed cafeterias only (I wouldn't call it "bar" since they didn't serve alcohol there, lol), with sandwishes, ice cream, coffee and so on. Some people brought their homemade food and ate in cafeterias too. The security didn't allow to enter the audience with food. The restaurant with better edible stuff was in the upper floor. But you could go there only by elevators and the last ones the security allowed to use only for people with OCG or VIP cards because it lead to restricted facilities too. Probably that's why most of people couldn't go there. The comparison with the theatre is perfectly right. To eat in the audience is bad-mannered. But the Sheffield staff didn't bother. There were some comments that it was the second worse facility after the last year Euro in Bern. Also, the city itself gave not so much to do.
Wasn't it Irina Slutskaya who mentioned people eating hamburgers in the stands years ago?
Could be. I don't think skaters actually enjoy the sound of wraping papers, chewing people and the smell of food. Gross. :disapp:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ I went to Megasport arena in 2009, it is my fav arena because the seats look like caramels :) Sheffield Arena was fine, it was warm and not very big, I had not been to Bern but I know it was freezing there. I also thought personnel was polite in England, and everybody says luv at the end of the sentence which was amusing, they were just following orders I guess. Security said to my japanese friend that they dont want anything written, cause it could well be an advertisment, so just a flag. True the arena looked less colorful than other comps I ve been and I also missed Swiss and their cowbells this time.

I think the Green only exit was at the start andmiddle of the week, by the end I was getting in and out of the red doors too without any problems!
Thats because you were VIP :unsure: I kept going out of the specific green door all week which was on the opposite side of the rink, only day i went out of red door was with your ticket in the gala. I felt special:laugh:

I also brought sandwiches with me every single day which I ate during the skaters performances (admittedly it was the earlier groups).

AA really? And wHy you didnt give one? :scowl:
I have a different image when I say hamburger and hotdogs and that kind of junk food, rather than a sandwitch or cracker that I find innocent, as we also had chocolate to eat between the groups, it worked also for not to faint. :) Good we didnt see your sandwitchs, we would eat them.

antmanb

Record Breaker
AA really? And wHy you didnt give one? :scowl:
I have a different image when I say hamburger and hotdogs and that kind of junk food, rather than a sandwitch or cracker that I find innocent, as we also had chocolate to eat between the groups, it worked also for not to faint. :) Good we didnt see your sandwitchs, we would eat them.

I was inspired by the fab old lady that was sat next to me that would eat her packed lunch too, so we got chatting about them! Most of the time i'd eaten all my sandwiches by the time I saw you, otherwise you would have been welcome to share them with me ;)