Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Mens Short Program

Custom Title
    just saw plushy in the review at Russia 2. BOA I like this program. He looks differently. Spins amd transition far better than in the past. Althought he only went for 3-3 this was a perfect one. also 3A was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Javiar's consistency on the quad is astounding! He honestly makes it seem like child's play (his best jump imho). But still the odd stumble on the 3/3 and then the fallout on the 3A. Once he cleans those up he will easily dominate the world.

ps: this program reminds me of Kurt Browning's "Singin in the Rain".
    I think Javi had too much adrenaline into the 3A and the 3/3, the quad was awesome, spins look better and he seems more relax in the step sequence. I like his position so far!

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I was on the phone and couldn't pay attention to Javi. I saw his spin combo and thought he really had good line and the speed was good till later so he had improved his spin. Then shocked to see only 80+ for his score and find out about his messed up jumps.

Well, Plushenko's jinx is working well. I picture him giving the evil eye, scaring the crap out of everybody!

Let's see if it works on Joubert.
    LOL phones were ringing during Javi's skate, the hell with them I wasn't answering hahaha!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Even more tickling and thrilling: Plushenko winning Euros without 4T!!!!
    Wonderful and scary at the same time!!!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Plushenko has one thing almost all the other skaters here lack: command. He skates with absolute purpose and confidence (well, except for the first half of that footwork sequence, oy). That should be reflected in some of the PCS, and I think it was fairly scored. Maybe his GOEs were overscored here and there, will have to see the protocols, but I doubt his score was that over the top, at least for me.

On the other hand, I am BAFFLED Brian Joubert got the third highest skating skills PCS so far (after Plush and Verner). He looked painfully slow and tentative on my feed. Maybe my feed is deceptive, but almost all the other top contenders demonstrated far superior SS than him. In fact, his whole PCS is a non sequitur to me. He skated the whole thing like he was cringing.

Custom Title
    Nervous for Kevin.. I went on a pilgrimage to the part of Belgium where he usually lives and trains today.. Okay not really I was there by coincidence but yeah; I send him some positive vibes!!!

Custom Title
    This youngster from Belgium (whom I've never seen before btw) resembles Keegan Messing of the USA in the face.

Custom Title
    hendricx: cudos to do a tripple after this bad landing of first jump. like music. could need a bit more energy in presentation

Custom Title
    Jorik Hendrikxx

Nice program to a medley by M Buble, fully rotated on the 3A but stumbled out, 3L poor landing, but managed a 3T - i think that was fully round, nice 3S from steps, nice footwork, used the music, steps need a bit more work but they were nice, LOVED the program

Custom Title
    Artur is clean, 4T-3T included. Finally. This kid is amazing and should be first

Custom Title
    SUPERB program from Artur (SO)! Should easily go into first ~ beautiful 4/3 combo., as well as excellent 3A ~ and light & quick on his feet. He does his idol, Evgeni Plushenko, proud, likewise their mutual coach!

BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Well deserved, well deserved young man, you've come into your own!

Custom Title
    Gachinski is the only who got the immunity shot against the Plushenko's evil eye.

84.80. First. Virtual tie.

That's how you skate during a European Championship. Well done MicroPlushy!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast