Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Pairs Free Program

I'd never seen Vartmann/Van Cleave before but I was very impressed by their free performance. Volosozhar/Trankov were close to perfect as always (although I noticed maybe a slight problem with one of the last lifts) and Stolbova/Klimov are becoming one of my favourite pairs teams.

V/T have finally had all their jumps clean in the long program this season, but they lost a lot of points because of that spin and the lift. That's why they got around 137. With the clean spin and lift, they could have gotten 5-6 points higher.

Custom Title
    Medal ceremony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGqVeElHIg

I've never seen Maxim so happy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    It almost happened again! Tatiana had a balancing check problem during a foot change on the SBS spin, and almost completely lost momentum. But she trooped on and kept the spin going, however slowly.

Awkward exit on their last lift. On the replay, it seems Trankov had a bit of footing issue. But like the champs they are, they absolutely refused to let gravity and physics get the better of them, and covered up the errors admirably.
    jesus they were really lucky on that lift. look at it in replay! trankov really struggled. it is only the experience and also some luck that he could save this.

Custom Title
    It seems to me V/T are always overscored. If S/S or K/S made these little errors across their program they would be punished more. This is just my impression.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    It seems to me V/T are always overscored. If S/S or K/S made these little errors across their program they would be punished more. This is just my impression.
    Well the scores were big for all the couples. Vera/Yuri scored a personal best in the LP even though they were far from perfect. Was Tatiana and Maxim's LP worth of 137 points? Probably not. But who cares, they were the clear winners. And I am sure that both K/S and S/S would have scored big as well

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    No way, S/S aren't punished that much for little errors, remember last year's Euros? K/S might get dinged though.

Banned
    it's usually K/S that are underscored
    V/T have been making a big splash and the judges are happy to reward them
    S/S aren't perfect either and they too get overscored

With the same mistakes as V/T, S/S would probably get 139 or 140 so NO, S/S are the ones way overscored.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    With the same mistakes as V/T, S/S would probably get 139 or 140 so NO, S/S are the ones way overscored.
    How do you know? When is the last time S/S had problems with a side by side spin and a lift, and got 139 or 140? The only 2 times they got a score over 140 was when they skated clean both times(words 2011 and GPF 2011) The only time they got 139 was at COR 2011 when she had a step-out of the 2A(which is a minor mistake compared with the two mistakes V/T had because they lost levels on both the spin and lift, plus the -GOE).
    I believe the scores were a bit inflated overall in pairs competition but I don't think anyone was over-scored compared with the others. V/T were on a league on their own. Plus, none of the teams behind them were clean.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7