Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Can Ashley Wagner be U.S. figure skating's next star?

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I bet she is a sweetie in real life.
    Don't know her personally, but when I met her after a show last October, she couldn't have been nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I bet she is a sweetie in real life.
    She's always been gracious to the fans as far as I can tell... yeah she doesn't do the "I just want to skate my best" interview, but I think if folks allow Johnny to give his "hardcore drug" analogies and say it was just Johnny being Johnny, then I think Ashley still comes off pretty boring... Maybe she should skate to the music from Miss Congeniality since some view her as Sandra Bullock pre-World Peace speech.

Ashley even said in an interview something to the effect of why not say what you really mean? We ALL are in it to win it...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Ashley had so many doublefooted jumps in her program and wasn't penalized enough. Her PCS is a joke.
    She's quite unlikable in real life as well, confirmed my suspicion about her.
    You don't know her. I do. She is very likeable. She was determined to not be "the Almost Girl" this season and she worked hard and succeeded. Good for her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Ashley had so many doublefooted jumps in her program and wasn't penalized enough. Her PCS is a joke.
    She's quite unlikable in real life as well, confirmed my suspicion about her.
    Bwahaha, oh the irony. I remember you scolding the rest of us for dumping on Rachael because she was beating our favorites.

Loved her exhibition routine today on NBC because it was so lively! And it wasn't a song from Adele

Down With It
    ^ agreed

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    You don't know her. I do. She is very likeable. She was determined to not be "the Almost Girl" this season and she worked hard and succeeded. Good for her.

That's nice to hear, KKonas. I didn't find her declaration of intent to win to be very offensive. It's not as if she trash-talked about the other competitors. She just said she wanted to win and thought she could, which is not implying that the others are bad skaters. She didn't say that the others might as well just go home, or anything like that. She may actually be modest under other circumstances, but she felt like expressing her determination this time around. Not everyone revs herself up in the same way. To the microphone, Tara Lipinski came off more aggressive than this; Kwan didn't. But they both had the tiger instinct that they needed on the ice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4