Phil Hersh: Kwan on Kwan | Golden Skate

Phil Hersh: Kwan on Kwan

skateluvr

Record Breaker
no surprises there...what exactly was wrong with Mk's leg when she withdrew last minute? I know some feel she watched the top 4 girls and ran. But I never saw her run from a fight. What do people know about the withdrawal issues that I do not?

louisa05

Final Flight
She had been battling a long-term hip injury and had surgery on it shortly after returning home. I don't recall the details of the injury, but it was completely legitimate...she was certainly not running from the competition.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if she means that she was cautious after the bobble on the flip in the short program during the 2002 Olympics. She fell on the flip in the long program. The triple flip was kind of like Michelle's nemesis at the Olympics. She didn't do it the short program in 1998 and had just a slightly shaky landing on it in the long program. In 2002, she had a shaky landing on the flip in the short program and fell on it in the long program. Except for these Olympic programs, the flip was always a very reliable jump for Michelle. It's very weird that the flip tripped her up arguably three times at the Olympics.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I wonder if she means that she was cautious after the bobble on the flip in the short program during the 2002 Olympics. She fell on the flip in the long program. The triple flip was kind of like Michelle's nemesis at the Olympics. She didn't do it the short program in 1998 and had just a slightly shaky landing on it in the long program. In 2002, she had a shaky landing on the flip in the short program and fell on it in the long program. Except for these Olympic programs, the flip was always a very reliable jump for Michelle. It's very weird that the flip tripped her up arguably three times at the Olympics.

She also fall the on the Flip on 2004 W qualification and double it in FS. Not sure about other world performances. She also fall on a jump in 2005 world, not sure it was a Flip or not.