Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST

Custom Title
    Just when I was going bananas over this phenomenal pair of D&C they fall on that throw. :(

Still, imho they are good enough to go to the next Olympics and actually medal, especially with the athletic pair teams in skating they have nowadays winning competitions.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    OMG - huge fall on the 3 throw. Other than that, everything was great - fabulous split 3 tw. Wylie is talking about their chemistry but I felt she was a bit over the top (and I usually like her). Actually Wylie's a little over the top too. He's in love!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Just when I was going bananas over this phenomenal pair of D&C they fall on that throw. :(

Still, imho they are good enough to go to the next Olympics and actually medal, especially with the athletic pair teams in skating they have nowadays winning competitions.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think medaling at the next Olys given the depth of pairs in Russia right now, the Germans, and even the Canadians, may be a bit much to ask for. However, they have major potential and I am HAPPY about them and for them

Custom Title
    Ahhh, nice musical classical pair, love her style, they both actually looked like they stepped right out of the movie "Anastasia". Btw, this music always reminds me of Tara Lipinski.

I feel like I've never seen them skate before; lovely, lovely, lovely....

Anyone know where I could watch online? I finally have time to actually watch a competition again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Ahhh, nice musical classical pair, love her style, they both actually looked like they stepped right out of the movie "Anastasia". Btw, this music always reminds me of Tara Lipinski.

I feel like I've never seen them skate before; lovely, lovely, lovely....

I agree- I thought that was fantastic... I personally actually think I liked it better than D/C. They were both just so into character. Lovely skate.

Poabst-Knierim - whoa, if Caydee and John don't look out this team might catch them. She's exquisite in an unforced way. They'll have great lifts one of these days (a little wobbly now).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    OMG - huge fall on the 3 throw. Other than that, everything was great - fabulous split 3 tw. Wylie is talking about their chemistry but I felt she was a bit over the top (and I usually like her). Actually Wylie's a little over the top too. He's in love!
    it's peter carruthers not paul wylie, and yes hes in lurve. I'm still kinda bitter about the splits over the summer, but DC should be able to win nationals. olympics/worlds much harder, i think it would be lucky if they should ever manage top 5 on such stage considering how strong other competitors are.

Imarie, unfortunately, the only way is to join icenetwork. It will take you 3 mins. & 40 bucks.

On the Ice
    If you're watching on IceNetwork, It's Peter Carruthers commentating. ..not Wylie.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't really think Wylie would do pairs but I thought that was his voice (missed the intros).

Backstage Barbie is doing PBP too.
    http://www.backstagebarbie.blogspot.com/

Custom Title
    I still can't get over the last pair that skated ~ P&K ~ they must've skated last year but weren't great that's why I don't remember them, but this year, WHOA!!!!

I especially love what Peter Carruthers said about them skating a story, RIGHT ON, that's what it was, like that young jr. pair that skated to "Titanic", when it's done right, and especially how Andrea finishes off each & every move to the very tips of her fingers (ITA w/Peter once again) it's simply magical, ahhhh....

My favorite, D&S, have got to watch out; now I wish D&S would skate to a story as well.

Custom Title
    complete with matching costumes just like P&K. Lol, in fact I wish Gretchen & Andrew would skate P&K's program.

It's nice to see two such talented teams who aren't even the favorites, or expected to go to Worlds (D&S and P&K).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast