Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP, Thus. Jan. 26 at 7:00 pm EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
I swear Marley & Brubaker have borrowed Anissina & Peizerat's "Romeo & Juliet" costumes. :love: And I can't believe Peter said that that one guy is 6'4" tall!!!! :eek: WOW!

Looking forward to seeing E&L easily challenging D&C, I like both, so I'm cheering them both on. However, I think that D&C are more powerful & dynamic when on, and have the better chance of actually capturing a medal at Worlds & Olympics. Jmho.

ps: that young pair of Cain & Reagan makes me nervous, they can easily challenge D&S...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Great job by M&B! :clap: Except Mary Beth really needs to finish off her moves like Andrea P. does. Only minor bobble was Rockne putting his hand down on the death spiral. Solid performance. :)

Great job by M&B. What improvement! They look perfectly matched (good haircut for him) and have speed and fire. Plus she lights up the stadium.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I loooove the Cookie Monster toys they received; my baby niece is a big Cookie Monster fan, even at 14 yrs. old! :lol: :biggrin:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Great job by M&B. What improvement! They look perfectly matched (good haircut for him) and have speed and fire. Plus she lights up the stadium.

She really does. She just emits such happiness when she's out there especially when they're 'on'. Loved the lift and the fantastic throw. Their twist is also much improved. I'm really thrilled for them.

ETA: They are into first with 65.80, 4.92 points ahead of D/C

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lovely lovely skate by C&S! :love: :clap: Six years together, well done. :cool:

Only thing I was embarrassed about is their height difference; it looked very odd at the beginning. Jmho.

Castelli/Schnapir really fighting for it. That lift was amazing. The height difference is excessive but the audience loves their energy.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow, I am surprised by how close their score is to D/C. I was among the people who thought all D/C were going to need to do to win was show up. Looks like the judges didn't really feel that way after all. :)

E/L - a little underwhelming, despite Carruthers' raving. He's more elegant than she is, IMO. Nice throw and death spiral, though. But does she always fall or what?

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: this just tells me that D&C need to be clean, no bonus points, they are after all a new pair. If they don't skate clean in the FS, they'll go home without a medal just like everyone else that doesn't skate clean.

I'm just glad that the USA has such a powerful & dynamic pair like D&C, despite what has gone on here thus far. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
looks like they got rep points b/c they've skated together for 10 yrs. otherwise no way.

tulosai

Record Breaker
looks like they got rep points b/c they've skated together for 10 yrs. otherwise no way.

I agree but in a way I think that's a positive message to send since let's face it, every 'good' team we have breaks up within 2 years of winning their Nationals gold. To a degree I think it's good if the newer teams see that maybe to a small degree skating together for 10 years is rewarded.

cornell08

Final Flight
I agree but in a way I think that's a positive message to send since let's face it, every 'good' team we have breaks up within 2 years of winning their Nationals gold. To a degree I think it's good if the newer teams see that maybe to a small degree skating together for 10 years is rewarded.

Agreed.