Short Dance for season 2012-13 is... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Short Dance for season 2012-13 is...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I've heard it will be polka, with march & waltz, similar to the 2003 Grand Ball OD. However, the official details won't be out till summer, if things operate at their usual (lack of ) speed.

It's been proposed that penalties for music issues will be higher in the SD next year. Again, we won't know until after the Congress in Kuala Lampur.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Polka? Really? I may have to defenestrate myself. And after seeing an actual clip of the American Polka pattern, my god, it looks as silly as it sounds. Why are they doing this to me?

I love the rumba and latin rhythms this season. But soon it will be all over. There isn't an emoticon on golden skate strong enough to express my dismay.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ah...just relax and find your inner polkabration spirit.

A few pierogis, some sauerkraut, several beers, and you should be ready to go with the polka flow.

It's fun.

Not everything needs to be drama & angst!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

A few pierogis, some sauerkraut, several beers, and you should be ready to go with the polka flow.

It's fun.

It's fun and adorable! I will be boppin' along all the way to worlds! w00t! :rock:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
It's a fun dance. I just hope everybody doesn't think it has to be a hoe-down.My sister was hoping she'd win the lottery and be able to open a suspenders factory before YP was picked.:laugh:..I guess if the Universe sent her a lottery win at this late date , she'd still take it , though.

Mmmm. Not that fond of beer , can I substitute schnapps ?

Serious Business

Record Breaker

It's fun.

I don't care for drama and angst in skating, either. Although there's plenty of that in my heart when I heard that the Yankee Polka would be the pattern next season. :cry: There are a only a few genres of music I can't stand, why did they have to pick one of them?

However, if one team skates to this piece of music while costumed as the angry fembots from the video, I rescind all my previous sturm and drang.

KKonas

Medalist
Update on SD Spoke to Bob Horen today from the ISU Tech Committee. He said Yankee Polka will also include March rhythm and/or Waltz. And good news for pre Olympic year - Juniors will do Quickstep but Seniors will do FINNSTEP, so Doris and many others including myself will be very happy.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'm a little confused. Is the compulsory step the Yankee Polka or the Finnstep?

ETA: Or is it Yankee Polka in the 2012/2013 season (pre-Olympic year) and Finnstep in the 2013/2014 (Olympic year)

Last edited:

KKonas

Medalist
I'm a little confused. Is the compulsory step the Yankee Polka or the Finnstep?

ETA: Or is it Yankee Polka in the 2012/2013 season (pre-Olympic year) and Finnstep in the 2013/2014 (Olympic year)

Sorry for confusion - Yankee Polka is 2012-13 season and Finnstep for 2012-14 season for Seniors.

KKonas

Medalist
Meryl Davis said the Yankee Polka was her favorite Pattern Dance. Charlie said it was a lot of fun. The Shibs said it was yet another dance they hadn't ever competed - only watched a video, but it looked like fun and a more complex dance.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Oh well, I guess Davis/White will get to win 3 World titles en route to their Olympic victory. :think: