Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Korobeynikova is in the 2nd group - so she has it all to play for in the FREE and set the pace - the free skate in preliminaries was very good indeed.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the video clips. Loved Caro and Kiira's performances. Congrats to Caro, Kiira and Ksenia.
    Good luck to all of the ladies in the FS.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Here's what the skaters earned with their 3t-3t's:
    Kostner 9,60
    Turkkila 9,10
    Korpi 8,90
    Silete 8,50
    Glebova 8,30
    Makarova 7,50
    Meite 5,60
    Leonova 3,90

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Korobeynikova 3F-3T (with fall) 7,40

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Only Polina had in SP all spins - level 4.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I liked the programs of Elene Gedevanishvili (should have received at least 60 points!!!, but unfortunately she made a bad mistake on the Flying Sit), Elena Glebova and Marchei. All the three have developed their artistry. Kiira and Carolina had nice programs too.
    Yretha was a real treat to watch. A nice surprise!! She is more artistic than Mae. Both are nice skaters and I hope they will develop more artistically. Especially Mae lacks it.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    i am rather surprised by the components the top ladies got compared to the men. Mostly 7´ and only some rare 8´.
    It is no way that gachinski has better skating skills than korpi or kostner!
    Or that the coreo an presentation of plushy is in high 9 and again for the ladies just 7´
    THATS NOT CORRECT!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    and again. the components for silethe are around 5. 5 means "average" this skate was better than a 5"!!!

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    the Ladies were meh and subpar to me
    pretty much most of those scores are ok

Caro has this in the bag
    I dont see a clear podium finish for Korpii, Makarova and Helgesson who have a potential of course to bomb their LP's

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    just a side note. there are sooo many really beautiful ladies among those skaters!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I ddidnt see protocols but what happened with leonova? It was one of those times that the skate looked great and people puzzled. Kira got a big applause, Jenna of course the biggest, it was a great moment for all GB teams today! Carolina costume and program are so classy, I think she performed better in GP but wonderful program, there are many italians in audience with flags, it was great! My fav Helgerson, she is such a diva and so enjoyable to watch, I m rooting for her on podium!I think Elena G also performed better than her marks, I love her speed!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Kind of meh on the technical achievements of these ladies. No successful triple-triples except for the easiest 3T-3T. And a lot more 3Z's and 3F's (solo or in combo, or attempts thereof) among the ladies ending up in places 10-19 than 1-9. It really does seem that a European lady is strategically better off to jump lower on the food chain and do it cleanly. In other words, no risk-taking.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I think Leonova messed 3T 3T, ( she either messed or it was tripple/double) and another tripple was not quite clean. Pity, I so wished Leonova will be on podium. I like her.
    Well, maybe she will have great free skate *keeps fingers crossed*
    Last edited by katia; 01-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Edgy Details

0 Not allowed!
    Some of the scoring really puzzles me. As other mentioned - Polina's TES?
    I understand Viktoria has some level 4s, but 3T-2T and 3Loop take her to upthe 5th place? Really? (Although I admit, the field is not the strongest).

Nevertheless, some tweaking of the score system is needed.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast