Who Is The Most IMPROVED Skater/Team This Year? | Golden Skate

Who Is The Most IMPROVED Skater/Team This Year?

Who is the most IMPROVED skater or team this year?

• Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Elene Gedevanishvili

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Jeremy Abbott

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Alissa Czisny

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Jessica Dube and Sebastian Wolfe

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Agnes Zawadzki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gracie Gold

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Jeremy Ten

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Elizabeta Tuktamysheva

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
do you mean the 2011-2012 season or just this year because its too early :confused:
and why is Elizaveta there ? isn't that for the most improved north american skaters based on the list ?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Gracie-last year she didn't even make it to US Nationals. This year she's going to Jr. Worlds, and if one of the 3 Russian ladies screws up, she even has a chance at a medal. And with one international event, she has the 9th highest ladies score of the year.

How can anyone have more improvement than to go from an also ran at Midwesterns to an international level contender or near contender?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Caroline is definitely a very, very improved skater. But even she made it to nationals last year ;)

Ash B.

Spectator
I really think Ashley Wagner is the most improved. She's more refined, confident, and stronger than I've seen her in years.

Ash B.

Spectator
Ahh, yes! She has definitely come a long way (Caroline Zhang). When she first made her senior debut, skating to Ava Maria, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She had such a joy and love for skating on her face, but as she grew, you could see the frustration and difficulty she was having. She's really matured, and I hope to see her complete love of the sport shine through again soon!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
At this point when the season is over for most skaters, my choices for most improved are

3) Ashley Wagner

2) Caroline Zhang, and

1) Jeremy Ten who could not stay up on ice last year. From unable to pass Novice requirements to Bronze in Canada's Senior Men, now that is a huge improvement! :biggrin:

May they continue their amazing journeys next season, and for Ashley, at Worlds 2012. :thumbsup: to them all.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I have voted for Gracie Gold. She came out of nowhere this year as a 16 years old girl. (At least for us, non-Americans) Now, she will be competing for a medal in junior worlds, after being junior national champion. She has imroved a lot, really.

Also, Polina Korobeynikova. She is at the same age with Tuktamisheva and Sotnikova. Last year she even did not get a JGP assignment, but now she caught their level. And I think she has more mature style.

lcd

Match Penalty
TOTALLY agree that Javier was overlooked. DEFINITELY Javier. Some of these other teams are coming off of comparisons which are 'duh' like Gracie, while some have been seniors forever and they finally 'figure it out'... JAVIER!

figuristka

Medalist
Weaver and Poje
Yuzuru Hanyu
Patrick Chan

Though he didn't show as much feeling in his LP at Worlds, throughout the season he has improved his artistry and movement etc hands.

fairly4

Medalist
i am going to caroline zhang plus a few others. which is still improving. for me all skaters should keep improving to stay sharp and onto.
a few are mention like javier, weaver poje, shibutanis, elene gedenvanshivili .