Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

Custom Title
    Excellent performance by Adam Rippon, clean, and I love the Rippon Lutz, but I still don't think he's better than Jeremy Abbott, whom has it all as well, but also that extra something.

Btw, I would pick Tonya as the sole commentator. Johnny needs to know that less is more, and his favoritism of Adam is annoying, as well as his irrelevant comments like about Adam's hair. *rollls eyes*

GREAT JOB, ADAM! BRAVO!

Custom Title
    ok...my heart is still aching for Dornbush. urgh. And, i agree, Johnny and Tonya were gabbing too much at that beginning....but, I think they have settled in. Weir is a way better commentator than I had expected...I mean, he can stop now with the makeup and fashion jokes, but I like his element and skating calls. nice.

Ok YEAH Rippon!!!!!!!! wow. great for you!

Custom Title
    FABULOUS spins by Scott Dyer! Too bad about the fall, but I love his energy and enthusiasm, YES, and his 3lutz was out of this world.

Johnny keep the comments at the beginning or end, but please please please keep it quiet during the actual performance, learn from Tonya K. It's like when one is watching an excellent movie and somebody ruins it by talking too much and therefore one misses the movie. Irritating, disrespectul, and rude. Jmho.

Custom Title
    Remember this is not Johnny's first time behind the camera. He did some brief work for UniSport in the past during Torino Worlds. It sounds like IN is giving him a bit more free reign to say what he wants. I actually don't mind some of the cheeky comments. They are a fun so far.

Great job to Adam.

Wow! Wtg Rippon! Beautiful skate!

Custom Title
    Adam's skate sounds like it was amazing...really hope NBC airs it on tv

Quote Originally Posted by icebeauty View Post
    Adam's skate sounds like it was amazing...really hope NBC airs it on tv
    Dornbush, I'm so shocked, he usually has such good technique. Such a difficult year he has had. So happy for Adam tho, he is doing so much better now.

On the Ice
    I don't understand why they have commentators on IN. I don't think the type of fans who pay $40 to watch skating need to be told that skaters should "put their falls behind them" or that "spins and footwork are important."

Custom Title
    Alexander Johnson was fabulous, poignant performance.

But I'm almost in tears and cannot even watch nor type nor do anything b/c I'm so very upset with all this *#*# commentary going on, ruining a brilliant poignant performance, can't enjoy it with all the bs going on in commentating. Johnny is ruining it for me. This is *not* the Johnny Weir Show. Please, I'm honestly begging you. I know you're new to the commentating scene on IN, but it's making me hate you now. Can't believe this is going to go on for the rest of the competition, breaks my heart, breaks my heart.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Very lyrical skate by Alexander Johnson. I love the way he feels the music, O mio bambino caro (so heart-melting). Jump and spin errors.

Custom Title
    hmmm, sounds like I'm glad I didn't pay for IN. I like commentary, but too much makes me crazy.

Custom Title
    Tried to enjoy Alexander Aiken, especially to this music of "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, but Johnny is damn annoying, he ruins it for me. Too bad about the mistakes, but *I* think he sold it pretty good. Nice try.

Alex Aiken doubled the triple flip and had a fall on triple axel. Squeaked out 3lutz/3toe

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I think Johnny's doing quite well. He's pretty perceptive and respectful, as someone said, but gives detailed explanations of the errors. And IN is well worth it, IMO.

Custom Title
    I love Weir's commentary so far...I think he could back off just a little as he is doing great great great with the replays....but, I like it. Now, if he does that with every element during a spectacular skate, well , then I'll get grumpy...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast