Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    I think the point has been made. If Johnny is overdone, then so are the complaints about him.

Custom Title
    Here they come!

There's Keegan in his "Robin Hood" costume, and there goes Brandon Mroz (unfortunately he's not going for the 4L). :(

Where art thou, Max, nah, I'm not even going to look, I want to be surprised...

Custom Title

Go, go, go!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzee4 View Post
    Need opinions...I am a 2.5 hour drive from San Jose. Is it worth it to see the skating in person if I have to sit up in the rafters? I am not a skater, but long-time fan & avid follower of the GP on IceNetwork & before. I am kind of enjoying getting commentary & am debating whether I would enjoy not being able to see the skater so close as we get to on TV and without being able to read the forum & hear commentary.

What do you all recommend??
    Seeing a live competition is the only way to really appreciate the varying speeds of the different competitors, or to serendipitously "bump into" a skater/judge at the official hotel. In addition, you never know when you might witness history in the making, e.g. I was at the World's in Munich when the American women swept the medals.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I live in southern California and I'm leaving by Amtrak bus/train at midnight tonight for San Jose, arriving in time for the Dance Final tomorrow morning. I plan on buying seats in the rafters because that's all I can afford. Having attended several Nationals, it really is a blast to be there. You see all sorts of skaters--past and present--in the concourse, and there's just a terrific buzz about the place. For rafter seating, bring binoculars and also record the TV coverage while you're away. The best thing about Nationals is that there are always surprises. After the gala exhibition, I'll catch the Amtrak bus/train (the station is just a few blocks away from the HP Pavilion) and all night it back to Orange County!
    Is it better to buy tickets there or go online, given that it is so late already?

Custom Title
    after furiously refreshing the play-by-play again and again, I've finally realized that they must be refinishing the ice . . .

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Here they come!

There's Keegan in his "Robin Hood" costume, and there goes Brandon Mroz (unfortunately he's not going for the 4L). :(

Where art thou, Max, nah, I'm not even going to look, I want to be surprised...
    I'm glad I saw your comment. My feed was frozen on the distant shot of the ice and I didn't realize they were starting again.

Custom Title
    Is it better to buy tickets there or go online, given that it is so late already?
    I've never had a problem buying tickets for Nationals same day. In fact, you might luck out and get a bargain (and good seat) outside the rink from somene looking to sell an extra ticket.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    I've been following along with the scores all week...I think IceNetwork has some sort of incompatibility with Chrome, because occasionally it'll refuse to show scores even when the main page says "Live". It just shows the starting order. Able to get it to work in IE.

I can't wait to see some of these programs!
    I have found that I have to back out to the main results page, do a refresh & then go back into the specific results page AFTER the competition has started. It seems like if you go to the specific results page before the actual competitions starts, it would never refresh. That's how it was for me at least with Firefox.

Custom Title
    Jazzee4, I'm going to buy tickets there just because I refuse to pay the big, fat gouge that Ticketmaster assesses to each ticket. The only ticket that might be a little iffy is the Ladies Final, but as of right now, seats are still available. Also, it's not that hard to find people selling tickets outside. Even at the Men's Final at the Vancouver Olympics, you could have gotten a ticket.

Custom Title
    great skate for Aaron....4 sal, 3 axel...a combo I think 3 lutz 3 toe that was iffy but finished. nice really nice footwork. spins perhaps need some work. but overall very, very well done!

Custom Title
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, HE ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

And I love what Johnny had to say about his 3/3 combo. (ITA there! He made me LOL with the ugly comment, but well done).

GOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAX.

You're just like Zhenya, same cat feet, which can bee seen on that 3/3 combo.

Custom Title
    nice score for Max Aaron....and I love that Johnny thinks he should be in second not third! (and I love Miner, but...)

Custom Title
    Ah, bs with the scores, it's the performance that counts, Max, and you did it, you did it!!!

Custom Title
    Other than the fall on the 3A, Grant did a fine job, music by Debussy was sublime.

On the Ice
    I really liked Grant. That was so peaceful and pretty. He has such graceful hands.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast